Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #16
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_mommy View Post
Has there been any word on an Amazon Kindle app for android?
Nope. There were pictures of a leaked Dell slide a while back that indicated the Streak would have "Amazon content" but it was unclear WHAT content.

And Amazon has been very tight lipped.
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #17
victorgoh
victorgoh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, iPad Air, Universal Book Reader Android
I'm using Aldiko, iReader and PDF Viewer for reading ebooks on my Android HTC Legend. Aldiko is my favorite. The next is iReader. It supports txt, chm, pdb and prc files, but I use it mainly for my collection of technical chm ebooks.
victorgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #18
pclewis
Enthusiast
pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Second for Aldiko

I use it on a Nexus One. Very nice.

Phil
pclewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #19
Dan de V
Avid Reader
Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: PRS 350 & HTC Legend
Just to update this thread from the comments made on or before the 5th May. It has been officially announced that Kindle for Android will be relased during the summer of 2010

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/18/k...g-this-summer/

I am sure this will have been posted elsewhere as well )
Dan de V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #20
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
Nope. There were pictures of a leaked Dell slide a while back that indicated the Streak would have "Amazon content" but it was unclear WHAT content.

And Amazon has been very tight lipped.
The content is likely the MP3 store. My Android phone has an app for buying via the Amazon music store.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #21
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan de V View Post
Just to update this thread from the comments made on or before the 5th May. It has been officially announced that Kindle for Android will be relased during the summer of 2010

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/18/k...g-this-summer/

I am sure this will have been posted elsewhere as well )
It's not a good news for us Kindle owners. We may end up with two libraries. Fortunately, the only scenario I can imagine where I would read on a 3 inch screen is the dentist's waiting room.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #22
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:41 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #23
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
It's not a good news for us Kindle owners. We may end up with two libraries.
I'm not understanding this comment. The application (like the other Kindle devices and apps) uses one's existing Kindle library. They are pretty bare-bones software, but they are useful enough and the WhisperSync feature is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
Fortunately, the only scenario I can imagine where I would read on a 3 inch screen is the dentist's waiting room.
And even though I prefer larger e-ink devices for long reading sessions, I have no problems doing significant reading from small devices -- heck, I read many books on early Palm devices.

The occasional use (e.g., dentist office) is where Whispersync shines -- you can seamlessly read a bit of a book on the phone, then pick up where you left off when you go back to the Kindle.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:19 AM   #24
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgoh View Post
I'm using Aldiko, iReader and PDF Viewer for reading ebooks on my Android HTC Legend. Aldiko is my favorite. The next is iReader. It supports txt, chm, pdb and prc files, but I use it mainly for my collection of technical chm ebooks.
I'd like to second iReader for android. It surprises me how often it's overlooked.

It has a fairly polished interface (book listing shows covers in a simulated bookcase), supports a range of formats and the pay version supports several DRMed formats (with more coming). The pay version is $2.

The author has been supportive of improvement requests in the past.

I'm not associated with the reader in any way, just a happy customer.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote