Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
ben_m_corser
ben_m_corser began at the beginning.

Some questions about the Libre

I posted this in the Libre section, but since there's been no activity there for 6 months I thought I'd be rude and bang it up here too..

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a Western retailer for the Librie? I have been looking around the internet for about 2 hours and the best price (from the list of sites on the LibrieWiki) I could find is 46 000 yen from a Japanese site. This is about £200 and I can just buy an American "Sony Reader" for £150, and I would, were it not for two things:

-I want a keyboard
-It's so sexy it makes me want to poo my pants and die

I am utterly seduced.

Further questions .. can I create text files on the device using the keyboard, or is it just for making notes? How English can I make the OS? Is the American version a lot better? What is the mp3 function like? Does the battery really last ages?

TIA

Ben
ben_m_corser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
if you want a reader that does more then just display stuff on screen, I would have a look at the iRex iLiad. It has a larger screen then the Sony Reader and does have input capability. No keyboard though. Have a look in tge iRex iLiad form and ask any of your questions there.

The Libre seems to be a rather dead product. From what I've read the software doesn't seem to like Vista and may never like it. So I'd stay well away from it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert