Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
html2epub and OPF files

Ok, so Windows XP sucks at the whole unicode via command-line thing, but I've noticed that all the command-line conversion utilities support OPF input. My question is, how strict are the command-line utilities with OPF files (particularly html2epub)?

Say, I have:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<package version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
 <metadata xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
   <title>Title Goes Here</title> 
   <creator>I.M. D’Author</creator>
 </metadata>
 <manifest>
  <item id="story" href="story.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
 </manifest>
</package>
Will html2epub fix it, divide story.xhtml into chapter/300KB chunks, create the spine/table of contents, etc?

Last edited by ilovejedd; 05-19-2009 at 02:10 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, it will, though you should use any2epub and you may have to specify the spine in addition
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, it will, though you should use any2epub and you may have to specify the spine in addition
Ok, so if I have:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<package version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
 <metadata xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
   <title>Title Goes Here</title> 
   <creator>I.M. D’Author</creator>
 </metadata>
 <manifest>
  <item id="story" href="story.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
 </manifest>
 <spine toc="ncx">
  <itemref idref="story" />
 </spine>
</package>
And I use the following command-line:
Code:
any2epub --level1-toc "//*[@class='chaptertitle']|//*[@class='toctitle']" --chapter "//*[@class='chapter']" --chapter-mark "pagebreak" --use-auto-toc "Title Goes Here.opf"
any2epub will copy the metadata (in this case title and author) from the OPF file, divide story.xhtml into chunks and create its own OPF file containing the new table of contents for the epub file?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes .
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Ok. Thanks a bunch! Don't have my laptop with me, otherwise I'd just test.
Advert