Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
kindleren
kindleren began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Problem with using calibre's CLIGrab news

Please pay attention to my problem,it has bothered me for several days.

I use the CLI "ebook-convert a.html a.mobi --level1-toc //h:title" to convert html file to mobi file,but when I click on the middle button of the navigation key on my kindle,there is no table of contents on my kindle screen,I just can find the table of contents in the end of the mobi file.
The table of contents shoud appear on my kindle screen when I click on the middle button of the navigation key,but it does't work.

I find a button on the interface of calibre software, which can grab news from web.This button named "fatch news".I copy the file grabed by this button to my kindle,now there is the table of contents appear on my kindle screen when I click on the middle button of the navigtion key.
So,this button's function can solve my problem.
But how to use this button's function by CLI?
Who can throw some light on it?
Thanks in advance !
kindleren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
kindleren

Who can help me ?
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
kindleren

OMG.help!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No help, means No one has an idea.
All you are doing is annoying the regulars
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleren View Post
Please pay attention to my problem,it has bothered me for several days.

I use the CLI "ebook-convert a.html a.mobi --level1-toc //h:title" to convert html file to mobi file,but when I click on the middle button of the navigation key on my kindle,there is no table of contents on my kindle screen,I just can find the table of contents in the end of the mobi file.
The table of contents shoud appear on my kindle screen when I click on the middle button of the navigation key,but it does't work.
You are doing two different things. Calibre grabs the news and writes it out in the format you specify. You are saving an HTML file and then converting it instead of actually grabbing the news. Using the GUI you are grabbing the news and ending up with the format you want. There is a way to do what you want via the CLI. I don't know it as I don't do it. But you can look at the help or the online manual for help.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
kindleren

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No help, means No one has an idea.
All you are doing is annoying the regulars
I'm so sorry!I think the calibre is a open source project,I want to use the calibre to serves for my website.But maybe my English is so poor that I can't express my intention clearly.
I need to express my intention more clearly.
I want to convert the html to mobi file,and I hope the mobi file will show the table of content when I click the 5-way control button on the Kindle.Now I can't confirm whether the table of content should appear on the kindle's screen when I click the 5-way control button.Someone tell me that the "table of content" don't means "table of content",what appear on the screen when I click the "mid-button" is called list of all articles .
Above is my problem.I want my mobi file will show the table of content on the screen when I click the 5-way control button,and I have set the table of content using CLI "ebook-convert a.html a.mobi --level1-toc //h:h2" before my html file been converted.I can find the table of content in the end of the mobi file,it means that the CLI what I used is correct .But why there is no table of content appear on the screen when I click the 5-way control button?
I don't know whether I have expressed clearly.
This problem bothered me for many days.I really need help.