Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #1411
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Purple Lady,

My Sync & Sharing settings are exactly the same as yours (including Sync folder) except for 'Synced books' is set to 'Selected books only' - which I already mentioned above. As the Sync Free Plan limit is 50 books I don't think it would be a good idea to have it set as 'All'. I don't intend to try syncing any books which are not stored in the designated Sync folder.

I made sure the Sync settings were configured the same on both Android devices.

Like DiapDealer, I don't use subdirectories in my CC folder for epubs (/storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion).

Last edited by jackie_w; 04-25-2016 at 02:31 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #1412
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
No. I rarely have more than a page full of books in CC/Mantano at any one time. No groupings, no collections.
I keep all my books in CC using sub folders and the books that were deleted from CC were not in sub folders. So in my case it's not compatible. And since syncing reading position is not working for me and books are not displaying correctly anyway, Mantano is of no use to me. Mantano used to be where I would go to check what the ebook should look like, but that was years ago.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2016, 07:05 PM   #1413
jonesnc
jonesnc began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo 2 A10
Is anyone having issues with footnotes not popping up in the latest Bookari Premium? It's just showing a "Please wait..." popup, then it goes back to the book without showing the footnote. I looked at the epub's contents in calibre, and it's using something like this for the footnote link:

Code:
<a href="#footnote3" epub:type="noteref"><sup>[3]</sup></a>
and something like this for the actual footnote:

Code:
<aside id="footnote3" epub:type="footnote">
  <p>footnote here</p>
</aside>
jonesnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #1414
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesnc View Post
Is anyone having issues with footnotes not popping up in the latest Bookari Premium? It's just showing a "Please wait..." popup, then it goes back to the book without showing the footnote. I looked at the epub's contents in calibre, and it's using something like this for the footnote link:

Code:
<a href="#footnote3" epub:type="noteref"><sup>[3]</sup></a>
and something like this for the actual footnote:

Code:
<aside id="footnote3" epub:type="footnote">
  <p>footnote here</p>
</aside>
I don't think "aside" is a valid tag. My guess is that Bookari is ignoring the contents of the "aside" tag, so isn't finding the id corresponding to the href.

For what it's worth, I just updated to the latest version and footnotes work in the book I'm currently reading.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:56 PM   #1415
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The aside tag is valid html5. Perfectly acceptable in EPUB3. I have a footnote test epub I tested Bookari with at one time (it was working then). I'll have to dig it up and try it on the latest version. I don't normally run into a lot of footnotes in my reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesnc View Post
I set up an epub3 with your exact same footnote code and the latest Bookari opened it in a popup window just fine (epub3 engine). Perhaps there's something wrong with the epub itself? What does epubcheck reveal about the epub?

I do know that the epub namespace needs to be declared in the html document's html tag (xmlns:epub="http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops") to use epub:type attributes.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-29-2016 at 09:22 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #1416
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The last two updates have me experiencing considerable delays when paging between chapters (new html files internally) when using the epub3 renderer. The "Please wait" message (or the new progress indicator on the very latest version) appears and stays for quite a while. These transitions between internal html files were nearly instantaneous a few days ago. It doesn't happen with Epub2 -- only Epub3 (every Epub3).

Using the latest Android Marshmallow and Bookari Premium on a Nexus 7 (2013).
Old 06-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #1417
Jean-Marie
Mantano President&Founder
Jean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the rough

Device: Many, many...
Hello DiapDealer,

(I jump again slightly randomly there, while doing a synthesis of what we have to improve for next releases... Sorry for the lack of regular followup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The last two updates have me experiencing considerable delays when paging between chapters (new html files internally) when using the epub3 renderer. The "Please wait" message (or the new progress indicator on the very latest version) appears and stays for quite a while. These transitions between internal html files were nearly instantaneous a few days ago. It doesn't happen with Epub2 -- only Epub3 (every Epub3).

Using the latest Android Marshmallow and Bookari Premium on a Nexus 7 (2013).
Thank you for reporting this. We don't experience these lags but we'll carefully verify, it seems strange and very annoying. BTW... we have improved the opening time in Epub 3, it will be available in the next 3.0.10 release. But it will not be perfect however. It will only improve for books with very large spines.

Cheers,
Jean-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #1418
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I can't get the hang of the sync process for work-in--progress I.e. books that I want to review and then replace with updates. I ended up with four versions of the same title in synced list,working with just two devices and deleting before adding the newer version, via calibre companion, each time. I think orphaned entries get stuck in their sql database with no way to clear them out. And frequently, I'd find myself in an older version which had mysteriously overwritten a newer one.

E-mailed Bookari twice but they have not answered. The user manual does not help. I would carefully delete all but one version using device 1, change device and see multiple entries again. Had to resort to changing the title on each iteration, and eventually just gave up on their sync. I guess if works if all you want to do is add book, read it, delete it, never revisit it

Ps also could not get it to play nice with calibre companion. Tried two ways,1 having a separate folder for synced books, and 2 sharing the cc download folder. Both methods had unwanted side effects with files being moved or overwritten. Bookari uses move not copy so cc loses stuff into a separate sync folder, and if they try to share, they both have delete power on a shared folder which confuses their respective database records

Last edited by stumped; 06-17-2016 at 01:17 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #1419
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For info, I finally solved how to legally get bookari premium onto my fire tablet, without needing another tablet to route it through. I installed bluestqcks to PC, Amazon store app to bluestacks, logged in to my Amazon account. Installed bookari, app backup restore, and es file manager to bluestacks, backed up bookari, copied backup to a LAN share on PC, then to drop box and down to fire.
Roundabout but works.
I can do moon pro the same way. So I can keep amazon versions of both reader apps up to date on fire via that route ,without disturbing the Google store versions on my Google tablet.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #1420
Jean-Marie
Jean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the rough

Hi Stumped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
For info, I finally solved how to legally get bookari premium onto my fire tablet, without needing another tablet to route it through. I installed bluestqcks to PC, Amazon store app to bluestacks, logged in to my Amazon account. Installed bookari, app backup restore, and es file manager to bluestacks, backed up bookari, copied backup to a LAN share on PC, then to drop box and down to fire.
Roundabout but works.
I can do moon pro the same way. So I can keep amazon versions of both reader apps up to date on fire via that route ,without disturbing the Google store versions on my Google tablet.
I'm very impressed, congratulations!
I also saw your previous message about work-in--progress books, and I will double-check if I can find your messages in the support, and of course also see how we can improve the support for such "book updates". I'm currently doing a survey to see where we can improve and this kind of feedback is of great value. I don't know how they slipped through the cracks but I'll dig.

Cheers,
JM
Old 06-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #1421
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marie View Post
Hi Stumped!

I'm very impressed, congratulations!
I also saw your previous message about work-in--progress books, and I will double-check if I can find your messages in the support, and of course also see how we can improve the support for such "book updates". I'm currently doing a survey to see where we can improve and this kind of feedback is of great value. I don't know how they slipped through the cracks but I'll dig.

Cheers,
JM
Thanks, I think my support request was titled "how do I completely delete synced books", or something similar to that.
If you are surveying there s another issue I mentioned at the same time
I had created a sync account with a gmail address on my Lenovo tablet. Tried to log in to that on the fire tablet but log into Bookari just did not work. no error message but no connect either. The fire version just would not sync.
I think that has something to do with amazon blocking Google services . I think the log in password check was being blocked somewhere. Because their was no wrong password error when I deliberately put in a wrong value.
So I created a different sync account with a Not gmail address and both devices were then happy

Ps my final report is that page number is not readable in night mode or light text on dark background themes, it renders as white on white, as at v 3.0.9

Last edited by stumped; 06-18-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #1422
Jean-Marie

Hi Stumped, thank you for these details.

I haven't found your case yet but I am still digging.

- About the login issues on Amazon: in fact the Google Play Services are not installed on the Fire but you should be able to log in with email+password method. I have left my Fire at my office one hour ago, so I can't try right now. You could also try to install the Play Services without rooting your Fire, as described here (but you probably already know that). I'll look at that tomorrow.

- This page number visibility issue is solved in 3.0.10, released today.
Best,

Quote:
Thanks, I think my support request was titled "how do I completely delete synced books", or something similar to that.
If you are surveying there s another issue I mentioned at the same time
I had created a sync account with a gmail address on my Lenovo tablet. Tried to log in to that on the fire tablet but log into Bookari just did not work. no error message but no connect either. The fire version just would not sync.
I think that has something to do with amazon blocking Google services . I think the log in password check was being blocked somewhere. Because their was no wrong password error when I deliberately put in a wrong value.
So I created a different sync account with a Not gmail address and both devices were then happy

Ps my final report is that page number is not readable in night mode or light text on dark background themes, it renders as white on white, as at v 3.0.9
Old 06-19-2016, 05:46 AM   #1423
stumped
Wizard

hi again, yes page number issue was fixed yesterday in google play version - great service.

i found my case ref for the sync report: Case #26725
re the gmail issue within that. I think there is a warning to not use gmail somewhere within your amazon version - maybe only when you try to create a new sync accountthough, not when you try to join an existing account ( which is where the bug needs fixing) .
i did 3 tests to nearrow down the login to your mantano cloud account issue, which should be also described in the case file.
form the amaon fire isntall:
1. try to sign in to sync with a bad login name : generates : no such account. so the log in name is being checked.
2. try with a good login name and a bad password. - nothing happens, no error, no log in
3.try with good _ good - same result as 2.
this suggests to me that your app asks google services to help with the validation - but only when a gmail address is used.

Another warning to not use gmail would suffice, if there is a genuine issue with gmail addresses on fire tablet. [ they are OK for some things e.g. I can access my gmail in the fire tablet's email app, but I can't log into chrome to get my bookmarks.]

PS I have no plans to root my fire tablet.If I did then some other things would not work. e.g. the virgin media Tv anywhere app checks for " unauthorised mods" and will not run on rooted devices.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:16 AM   #1424
Jean-Marie

Hello Stumped,

Thanks a lot for this detailed reply! I'm at the office and I'll be able to do some of testing based on your description. I'll reply in detail later.

PS: I think the link that I have sent to you didn't require rooting the device. But I haven't tried myself...
Stay tuned!

JM

Quote:
hi again, yes page number issue was fixed yesterday in google play version - great service.

i found my case ref for the sync report: Case #26725
re the gmail issue within that. I think there is a warning to not use gmail somewhere within your amazon version - maybe only when you try to create a new sync accountthough, not when you try to join an existing account ( which is where the bug needs fixing) .
i did 3 tests to nearrow down the login to your mantano cloud account issue, which should be also described in the case file.
form the amaon fire isntall:
1. try to sign in to sync with a bad login name : generates : no such account. so the log in name is being checked.
2. try with a good login name and a bad password. - nothing happens, no error, no log in
3.try with good _ good - same result as 2.
this suggests to me that your app asks google services to help with the validation - but only when a gmail address is used.

Another warning to not use gmail would suffice, if there is a genuine issue with gmail addresses on fire tablet. [ they are OK for some things e.g. I can access my gmail in the fire tablet's email app, but I can't log into chrome to get my bookmarks.]

PS I have no plans to root my fire tablet.If I did then some other things would not work. e.g. the virgin media Tv anywhere app checks for " unauthorised mods" and will not run on rooted devices.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #1425
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Bookari suddenly won't use the EPUB3 renderer for new EPUB3s added. It works for pre-existing EPUB3s, but not new ones for some reason (perfectly valid, error-free EPUB3s).

No "Open With" option on a book's info page any more either (even though the settings page refers to using it).

3.0.10 - Build 393

May have to wipe things out and start fresh.

EDIT: saw there was a 3.0.11 update ... still no joy.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-22-2016 at 09:54 AM.