Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I'm back!!! I'm seriously back!

I was discharged from the hospital late yesterday afternoon. by the time I got home and got through the welcomes and inspections from the pup and Kindle Kitten I was seriously exhausted. I'm just now feeling like I an catching up with myself.

the surgery was textbook according to my Doc. I had a spinal (I'm terrified of general anesthesia) along with whatever cocktail the anesthesiologist gave me. even with that I remember most of the surgery, but I was prepared for that.

the first 36 hours of recovery were absolute HELL!!! I was on a hydromorphone drip at first and apparently I do not respond to that particular drug. at all. period. I was then put on a morphine drip, and my tolerance to that is similar to an elephant being given a human size valium. ie; "I think I may have just felt a little tingle." there was a LOT of back and forths, and visits by the pharmacist and all of her graduate students, other doctors, charge nurses, and I dunno, maybe a marching band or two. I almost decked a physical therapist who decided he was going to come in on his attitude and fix my world. finally a concoction was put together with much trial and error, using oral meds only and began to get some relief.

in as bad a shape as I was I was able to use a walker 18 hours post op, and be removed from the catheter and use the toilet etc at about 48 hours. I'm still on bed rest with periodic exercise with the damn walker which is just a nuisance, but I'd hate to fall! I have an appointment with my regular physical therapist who has taped and stapled me back together after not a few accidents. seriously the woman has healing hands (and doesn't put up with my sh*t).

you guys miss me?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
We did miss you and are delighted to have you back. Stay healthy!!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
actually I am pretty damn healthy! I've just lived hard! soldiering, rodeoing, mountain climbing, skiing.... the busted up parts are wanting rebuilds!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You're one tough chick! I'm glad you're on the mend and able to come back and hang with us.

Now's a good time to catch up on your "to be read list".
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I had a bunch of "easy reads' loaded on the Kindle to go into this. I knew I did not want to have anything that required any skull sweat whatsoever, or even anything that I had been looking forward to reading. I just read. sometimes I realized I had read the same paragraph 20 times, but it was keeping the lizards in the back of my brain in their cage.

BTW, my Kindle was a HUGE hit! all sorts of staff were coming in to ohhhhh!!! and awwwww!!!!

I swear! we should get special used ID numbers or something that would give buyers enough off to give them incentive to use it (like maybe $20), and chalk up points for us! I dunno what kind of points.... (Kindle cruise anyone?), but points!
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome back, KK! So glad to hear that everything went pretty well and that you are home and on the mend. Just like daffy said, now is the perfect time to catch up on that long TBR list (and all the posts around here).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome back!!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Welcome back, kindlekitty! Yes, of course, we missed you. You're ready for some barrel racing now, aren't ya?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Welcome back KK - glad to hear you're on the mend.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Welcome back.

Maybe one of us can come with some sort of Kindle holder for your walker. That way you can read on the move.

I hope ya heal up quickly.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Welcome back, kindlekitty! Yes, of course, we missed you. You're ready for some barrel racing now, aren't ya?
give me two weeks (actually I need to start looking at tack for Mexico... thanks for the reminder!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Welcome back.

Maybe one of us can come with some sort of Kindle holder for your walker. That way you can read on the move.

I hope ya heal up quickly.
phbbbbttttt!!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
give me two weeks (actually I need to start looking at tack for Mexico... thanks for the reminder!)

And what has your physio got to say about that???
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
It's nice to have you back. just take a lot of care and stay healthy always.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post

And what has your physio got to say about that???
Well, it's the horse that will be doing the walking, right?
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #15
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I sympathise with your pain killer problem. Most pain killers don't work for me, as well, and the only one that does, the croakers don't want to prescribe. Back when I had a bone tumor removed, I got prescribed Demerol. it was psychoactive, all right, but zero effect for painkilling. The doctors got upset when I told them to take me off of it after two doses. If I'm gonna take pain, I'll take it straight, not stoned....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote