Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
phansen1218
phansen1218 began at the beginning.

Device: none
software problem

After spending all day yesterday trying to get my reader to talk to my laptop I finally have given up.

My reader was working fine with my laptop until I upgraded to system 7. Everything on the computer is working great. Some small problems I had are gone. Except -- the software will not see the reader -- the computer still sees the reader when I plug it in. I finally called Sony and after a long hour on the phone with them, (the phone connection was very bad, added to a language problem and it was a long phone call) the bottom line is the problem is not on sony's end. The reader works great with my other computer running system 7 so it's not the reader. After installing the eBook library software 3 times still no go. Sony is telling me I have a bad install on my system 7 which means I need to do a clean install. All my programs will need to be re-installed.

So -- has anyone run in to this and found a solution that does not include a complete reinstall of everything?

I really would like my laptop to work with my reader since I travel a lot.

Thanks for any help/info you guys have been a great help so far.......

Pat
phansen1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
vagosv
vagosv began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Try to do a Hard Reset on your reader and then uninstall the USB Mass Storage Device Drivers from Windows before reconnecting the Reader
vagosv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
phansen1218
phansen1218 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, I finally found the right tech and this is exactly what we did and it fixed the problem. Everything works great now.

Thanks for all the help and info.

Pat
phansen1218 is offline   Reply With Quote