Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
Muskrat
Enthusiast
Muskrat began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Have you tried the Bug Light or the Verilux book light? both are good lights according to comments from people in the accessory board

I've tried several LED type and bulb clip-on reading lights but none of them have been bright enough across the entire page. not ried the Verilux and don't know anything about the Bug Light. Have you got a link?
Muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #17
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Now if the Cybook could have something like this hmmm...........
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #18
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
Could this be used for my PRS500? I've tried umpteen reading light solutions but none of them have really worked comfortably. I would love one of these but don't want to upgrade if I don't have to. Has anyone tried "adapting" this light in some way? Or have an idea if this might be possible?
As I noted in the other thread (having both a 505 and a 500, and the Sony light cover!), it can't be done. The light wedge won't fit over the 500's screen, even if the entire wedge unit is removed from the cover. The width of the 500 and 505 (and screen location) is different. There is no easy hack either, as the wedge is firmly mounted to the cylindrical spine which contains the battery and LEDs.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #19
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
I've tried several LED type and bulb clip-on reading lights but none of them have been bright enough across the entire page. not ried the Verilux and don't know anything about the Bug Light. Have you got a link?

Bug Light https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=106

Verilux https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=70
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #20
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
The "bug light" is a Mighty Bright XtraFlex Duet Super LED Music Stand Light and it looks like it's currently running ~$18 on Amazon. It's a great little light.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #21
heatherc
Enthusiast
heatherc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
I bought a Might Bright light - works great and it was only fifteen dollars. I can adjust the brightness, too.

http://www.mightybright.com/Book_Lig...uctDetail.html
heatherc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #22
InspectorGadget
Enthusiast
InspectorGadget is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500
I used a gooseneck LED booklight and it always had an aggravating hotspot on the screen of my PRS-500.

Then I found the LightWedge which is a freestanding version of the new Sony "frontlight" discussed at the head of this thread. It's available from Amazon as the "Lightwedge Paperback" verison for only $25 but you have to find some way to hold it on top of the reader.

http://www.amazon.com/LightWedge-PB1.../dp/B0001MRGKE

Then, I found what looks like the identical item on American Science and Surplus for only $5!

http://www.sciplus.com/index.cfm/go/.../tag/booklight

Ordered, haven't received it yet so I don't know how I'm going to keep it attached but I'm optimistic. For $5 I can experiment.

Hope the links get through (and I hope it's OK to post them -- I have no connection with either Amazon or ASS other than as an avid consumer who wants to share my finds with others looking for a good booklight).

- The Inspector
InspectorGadget is offline   Reply With Quote