Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #526
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kindle Romance Deal of the Day $1.99

A Rose at Midnight by Anne Stuart
(French Revolution)
Formally Published by Avon in 1993

Quote:
Once a daughter of the aristocracy, lovely Ghislaine "Gilly" de Lorgny lives for the destruction of Nicholas Blackthorne--the notorious rake she holds responsible for the cruel loss of her virtue, family and fortune. Now that the rogue has reentered her life, she seizes the opportunity to enact a poisonous revenge--but is abducted by the dashing villain before the deed can be done.

Held prisoner in a secluded hunting lodge, she steels herself to resist the sensuous punishment her captor has promised--only to be betrayed by a heart that aches with desire for the handsome, tormented blackguard. For only in her enemy's arms will Gilly know the exquisite passion that can heal all wounds ... and the rapture of a love powerful enough to restore a fallen woman's honor and a scoundrel's nobility.
This was on my wishlist! If you have not read her. Then you need to. She write heroes like no one else. She created the original dark hero IMO.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #527
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you're collecting the DiAnn Mills' Texas Legacy series the last book, A Texas Legacy Christmas is free at Kobo!

It's 99 cents @ Amazon but I checked Kobo before buying this time and sure enough it's free there!
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #528
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Legal Ease (Sutton Capital Series) [Kindle Edition]
Lori Ryan (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Legal-Sutton-C...154606011_f_66

Quote:
"If you like Bella Andre, Marie Force, or Nora Roberts, this is a book
you'll like. I loved the characters. I wanted to move into Jack's house
and let him convince me I was beautiful. I was on the edge of my seat
toward the end of the book - a real cliff hanger! This one is more than
just your typical CEO needs a wife romance novel. Definitly worth it!"

Jack Sutton is a man who's used to getting his way. So when his mother's will forces his hand, he does the only thing he can. Jack cuts a deal with the confident, sexy law school student who walks into his office with a proposition he can't refuse. That deal fixes Jack's business problems, but his personal life spirals out of control. And, just when Jack realizes he can't live without Kelly, he may lose her forever.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #529
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Kindle Romance Deal of the Day $1.99

A Rose at Midnight by Anne Stuart
(French Revolution)
Formally Published by Avon in 1993

This was on my wishlist! If you have not read her. Then you need to. She write heroes like no one else. She created the original dark hero IMO.
OMG just saw this post. I am a huge Anne Stuart fan. I am going to get it immediately. I had a long day and am afraid that I might start reading it tonight. Thank you so much.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #530
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Wronged by Sylvia McDaniel
(Book 1) (The Cuvier Widows)

Sunny Days Ahead by D'Ann Lindun
(The Cowboys of Black Mountain)
Note: Crimson Romance author

More Indies:

The Angel's Assassin by Samantha Holt
(Medieval Romance)

Eternal Seduction by Jennifer Turner
(A Darkness Within #1)

A Cowboy for Christmas by Kristen James

South Beach Cinderella by Sharon Potts

Fastball by V.K. Sykes

Ember X (Death Collectors) by Jessica Sorensen
(New Adult Story!)

The Soldier & The Spy by Samantha Sommersby

Knowing His Secret by K.C. Falls
(Year of the Billionaire Part 1)
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #531
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
If you like shifter's, Eve Langlais is offering the first book in her Freakn' Shifters series, Delicate Freakn' Flower for free from:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/67107

http://www.bookstrand.com/delicate-freakn-flower

http://www.allromanceebooks.com/prod...69674-140.html

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Delic...loQ/page1.html

Quote:
Dammit , just how many toes was she going to have to stomp on before people realized she was a delicate freakn’ flower?

Naomi doesn’t want to follow tradition and settle down with a violence-loving, chest thumping shapeshifter. She grew up in a household with five, testosterone laden brothers where none of the dishes ever matched, the ugly-as-sin furniture could withstand any catastrophe, and where crazy glue was bought by the case.

When fate—with a snicker—makes her meet not one, but two mates, Naomi digs her heels in and refuses to do what her wolf—and her body—demands. No way is she voluntarily allowing herself to get hitched to a pair of dumbass—totally hot and muscled—lacrosse players.

Can Ethan, the towering Kodiak bear, and Javier, the sexy, tanned jaguar convince this she-wolf that life with them won’t be all chaos? And can this delicate freakn’ flower unbend her prejudices enough to recognize she needs a pair of men who can handle her thorns—and her passion?
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #532
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dusty View Post
If you like shifter's, Eve Langlais is offering the first book in her Freakn' Shifters series, Delicate Freakn' Flower for free from:
I hear she is really good.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #533
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
OMG just saw this post. I am a huge Anne Stuart fan. I am going to get it immediately. I had a long day and am afraid that I might start reading it tonight. Thank you so much.
I love her too. I just bought alot of her historical backlist at Kobo using Coupons!

Well for those who may be interested I have finished the ARC of that werewolf book. Now I have to leave a honest review. I never thought this would be so hard. You see I didn't like the book. I love her other books but it was like someone else wrote this book. It had her quick wit in various places but the story and the plot was very much like a contemporary HQ romance with a few paranormal elements built in. There was no real characterization in the story. There was a few funny moments but not enough to make me like the book.

And here's my review in case you want to read it. I decided to keep it short. I don't think I will be doing this again.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-25-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #534
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I love her too. I just bought alot of her historical backlist at Kobo using Coupons!

Well for those who may be interested I have finished the ARC of that werewolf book. Now I have to leave a honest review. I never thought this would be so hard. You see I didn't like the book. I love her other books but it was like someone else wrote this book. It had her quick wit in various places but the story and the plot was very much like a contemporary HQ romance with a few paranormal elements built in. There was no real characterization in the story. There was a few funny moments but not enough to make me like the book.

And here's my review in case you want to read it. I decided to keep it short. I don't think I will be doing this again.
Before you linked your review I was going to say that what you said in that paragraph sounded like a very great start to a review! I think you did a good job! As I said before I don't think it would be something I would enjoy [writing a review for ARC], I'd feel too pressured I think.

Thanks to those of you who recommended Ruthie Knox, I'm certainly hooked. Almost finished 'Along Came Trouble' and thoroughly enjoying it! I've added her to my 'author notification' list.

Also, found a freebie pre-order that sounds great, but not too many details yet. I hope it's not one of those 'preview 2 chapters' things. Anyways link:

Between the Covers: The Hottest Books for the New Adult from Jennifer Armentrout, Cora Carmack, Abigail Gibbs, Sophie Jordan, Molly McAdams, and Shannon Stoker (Promo e-Books) [Kindle Edition]
http://www.amazon.com/Between-Covers...158568011_f_80

Last edited by Blue2u; 04-25-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #535
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
I'm in the Amazon Vine program and we are supposed to review all of the ARCs we receive, but I have to admit there have been a couple that I just did not want to write a review on. Amazon used to require that you review 80% of the books you received, but they are changing it going forward to 100%. I don't think I'll request very many more books due to that. I hate writing reviews for books that I didn't particularly like.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #536
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I'm in the Amazon Vine program and we are supposed to review all of the ARCs we receive, but I have to admit there have been a couple that I just did not want to write a review on. Amazon used to require that you review 80% of the books you received, but they are changing it going forward to 100%. I don't think I'll request very many more books due to that. I hate writing reviews for books that I didn't particularly like.
My hats off to you. I couldn't do it. I felt pressured reading just one. I tried to like it if I had bought it I would've put it down and read something else. Reading for me is suppose to be for pleasure. I struggled to finish this book. It wasn't horrible I just couldn't connected with it. Maybe if I hadn't read a Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson which has a similar theme...I wouldn't have expected more from this trope. I don't know... I like reviewing books I've bought or been loaned but I didn't expect to feel obligated like I did reading it to like it and give it a favorable review.

The thing is I know the author can write sooo much better than that and that's why I think I had the most problem with. That said I am going to read another one of hers from Avon. I've skimmed through it after I checked it from the library and it looks really good. I always give a author two chances to grow on me.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #537
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Before you linked your review I was going to say that what you said in that paragraph sounded like a very great start to a review! I think you did a good job! As I said before I don't think it would be something I would enjoy [writing a review for ARC], I'd feel too pressured I think.

Thanks to those of you who recommended Ruthie Knox, I'm certainly hooked. Almost finished 'Along Came Trouble' and thoroughly enjoying it! I've added her to my 'author notification' list.

Also, found a freebie pre-order that sounds great, but not too many details yet. I hope it's not one of those 'preview 2 chapters' things. Anyways link:

Between the Covers: The Hottest Books for the New Adult from Jennifer Armentrout, Cora Carmack, Abigail Gibbs, Sophie Jordan, Molly McAdams, and Shannon Stoker (Promo e-Books) [Kindle Edition]
http://www.amazon.com/Between-Covers...158568011_f_80
It was something I decide to try. I didn't like it and wont do it again unless it's a author I have read and loved. I'm going to have give Ruthie a try. Her books are at the Library too. The pre-order does sound like a bunch of samples.

Neighbor was blasting his stereo. I think he was mad at someone so I put on my headphones and ordered a movie so I just finished the last Twilight movie. *sniff* *sniff* So I am in melancholy mood. I think I may have nightmares with all the heads being ripped off . I have not read the books. I really must go back and try again someday. I do love those movies though. It amazes me all the published stories that have resulted from fan-fiction of this particular saga. I still can't see Edward Cullen as Christian Grey though!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #538
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
I was thinking about starting a blog, but once I started writing reviews, and realized that I really disliked writing negative ones, I gave that idea up. The blogs that I like reading the most are the ones that are honest (both good and bad), but I don't want to be the one to post the bad reviews. I have posted some, usually on self-pubbed books that I didn't feel were ready for publication due to bad editing or writing, but I don't do very many.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #539
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
As a person who reads reviews but doesn't write many, I think negative reviews are important to compare my reading taste to the reviewer's. I must admit if a reviewer has nothing but positive reviews (on a blog, Amazon, etc) I mostly ignore them because it comes across that they like EVERYTHING and I can't take them seriously.

But my hats off to anyone who can read and review constantly. That is too much like work to me. I have a hard enough time doing the mini-reviews for the reading challenge at AAR.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #540
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free pre-order
The Girl from the Blood Coven
by Brian Moreland
Samhain Publishing

Quote:
Who-or what-killed them all?

In this short story prelude to The Witching House, the year is 1972. Sheriff Travis Keagan is enjoying a beer at the local roadhouse when a blood-soaked girl enters the bar. Terrified and trembling, Abigail Blackwood claims her entire family was massacred at the nearby hippy commune in the woods. But when Sheriff Keagan and his deputies investigate the Blevins House, they discover there's more to Abigail's story than she's told them. Much more.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Girl-Blood...p/B00CI3WCEO/r
koland is offline   Reply With Quote