Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #196
his
his began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Thanks for the reply, very informative. Do you install the apps via total commander(apk) or through google play, and if the latter, I'm assuming you need to install Android Market, it did not come with the rupor jailbreak?
thanks

edit: nevermind, i found an android market zip from another site.
Glad you find it yourself in the meantime.

I use Google Market if possible: Easier updates, at least basic security check, plus the paid apps linked to my account.
his is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #197
Bisby
Bisby began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Hello everyone !
I jailbreaked successfully my 10.4 EU reader. Thank you for that

Question : What version of the market is working for you ? I tried three different versions and all force closes on launch...
Any help ?
Bisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #198
FaXilifresh
FaXilifresh began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t2n
Hi,

I have a PRS-T2N, which is a T2, but with Dutch firmware on it. The version number reads "1.0.00.13240", and I can not update to 1.0.03.09110, since this is the newest dutch firmware available.

Does anyone know if rooting is possible with this device? I was planning to use this guide: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=87 , but I'm fairly scared of bricking the reader.
FaXilifresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #199
alligatore
alligatore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 v.1.0.04.11081
Reversing pre-installed package for PRS-T2

Dear Porkupan,

I got a PRS-T2 with one of your extension packages pre-installed over 1.0.04.11081 (presumably the US one since it only offers Canada and the US in the selection of regions). It lists Root: porkupin and Mods: rupor.

However, it seems to be somewhat incomplete and dated as well. It does not let me type in Cyrillic and there are no additional reader applications there. I thought of reversing it to the original Sony 1.0.04.11081 and re-jailbreaking with some other modern firmware. Can you steer me into the right direction how to reverse it and to reapply the package in this case? I looked at your packages down the link below, shall I use

restore-set-1.0.04.11081-us.zip first and then - install minimal-root-zeam.zip ?

If there is any other way to advance the book - would be much apreciated.

Sorry to bother, just trying not to brick the reader

Cheers
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
this package should recover ability to boot from SD. It can be installed in the "usual" manner (no SD card required, unpack on a PC, run "flash_reader.bat").

The units with 1.0.05.12140 installed over non-jailbreaked firmware, or pre-installed at the factory, are not hackable at present time.
alligatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #200
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
alligatore

Since Russian is not a problem for you - take a look here

First topic has all the details you need. Two things - you should not be using minimal-root-zeam.zip - it is outdated and NOT supported for a very long time and second - I do not think you need restore set at all. Just read the instructions (all links are there), do factory reset, backup and then apply AMR.

Last edited by rupor; 11-25-2013 at 08:51 AM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #201
fatoni
fatoni began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Failure reinstalling rupor AMR

To rupor, porkupan and all...

I have problems with my prs-t2.
At first, I really wish that my reader supports RTL (arabic, persian, etc).
So, I rooted the reader with rupor jailbreak, AMR, resize, dicts, etc.
They were successfully installed.
Then I installed FastDict (persian dictionary), but the reader still can't read RTL epub.
I have installed google play too, and every time I open it the reader shows message "stop work".
Finally, I un-rooted the reader by installing "restore-set-1.0.04.11081-us". And it was successfully.

Today I read an article about installing google play on prs-t2, by placing "G_Play_Store_v3.10.10_Modded" in "...\rupor-minimal\sdcard\updates\system\app".
So I follow the intruction. And I put FastDic too.

Before installing jailbreak, I formatted internal and external memory.

Then I installed jailbreak, and it was successfull.
Unfortunately, when I try to install rupor-minimal it has failed.
The reader can't start and can't be turned off.

Anyone can resolve the problem?
Thanks before.

-----------
I'm sorry, my english is very bad.
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #202
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

You where attempting to restore device with resized partitions - it is already wrong. You should use full backup/restore procedure instead. Than you were trying to apply changed AMR - do you know if system partition has enough space for your additions? Also - there is no need to re-install jailbreak multiple times, once is enough.

Here is what I would do (not sure if it will help): charge the device, use hard reset and try to boot into recovery mode. See if you could open terminal session into device. If successful - you will need to manually restore device partition by partition (use search - there examples here). Or try to restore full backup if you have one... All of that is difficult and dangerous for the device - but I guess you are not afraid

Last edited by rupor; 11-29-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #203
fatoni

Thank you for the answer,
I have tried your procedure, but The device still not responding, stay saying "Opening book.." without end.
And the device can not shut down.
Oh my God...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prs-t2.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	115952  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #204
rupor
meat popsicle

Did you try the same procedure without SD card in the slot?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #205
fatoni

I tried, nothing happened...

Any way to shut it down? power button doesn't work.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #206
fatoni

I guess the problem is like .marine's reader, the screen freezes on "Opening book...".
Old 01-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #207
johnthemate
johnthemate began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS - T2
OK, sorry for writign this sort of note here, but being a new person to this, there is a lot of info out there and finding the right place to go has got me a little confused!

I bought a PRS T2 for the states without realising it only came with limited dictionaries.

Ideally iwould liek the standard European dicts ( UK; FR; ES; IT; DE; NL). I cannot speak any Russian, so dont really need it. I would like to have CN ( Mandarin), but havent seen any posts on that.

Im scared of breaking my device, so a couple ( 3 ) questions.

1. Can I just flash the 1.0.04.11081 EU version onto my T2 and get the EU languages?
2. Do any of the files contain Chinese as a dictionary
3. Where is the latest version of the procedure to go through ?

Thanks so much for any help !
johnthemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #208
johnthemate
johnthemate began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS - T2
Ok, so Ive started the process. I was too impatient to wait for an answer But I dont seem to be able to even mak e a back up !

Ive downloaded rupor-rescue.7z onto my pc. unzipped it, and then placed the "OS firmware" file on my SD card ( 16GB card). I did this by putting the card inthe reader, connecting the USB cable, and tranferring the file across from my pc to the card.

I then disconnected the reader. SD card still in place. Reader off. pressed the reset button, held down the home and menu buttons, and then pressed on. keepign my fingers on the two buttons, it then starts to opening book. The bar goes all the way to completion. I take my fingers off the two buttons ( I have also tried not taking my fingers off the buttons).. and then it jusy hangs there. Opeing book.. nothing happens. To get out of this state, I need to press teh reset buton and on button again ( without the home and menu button).

Looking at Windows drives, I have a 1.36 GB FAT32, and a 10MB FAT. i would say, that clearly I have not managed the first step.

Any clues anyone?? I hope this page is still alive.

Thanks,

John
johnthemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #209
skipme
skipme began at the beginning.

Please Help

Hello
I tried to upgrade my T2 from version 1.0.03.09110 to version 1.0.05.11130 by putting the OS Firmware folder on a SD card and reboot into recovery. What happened I got and PRS-T1 like layout (the wider smaller icons) and no USB or WiFi. Without USB (not even charge) I can't do anything but ask for a backup of an 1.0.03.09110 T2 so I can restore to that. The russian sites have T1 backup images, i really need a T2. Must be a driver problem or something. If you can get me a pre- 1.0.05.12140 I will try it, but i really prefer 1.0.03.09110.

Thank You
skipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:15 AM   #210
skipme
skipme began at the beginning.

I managed to restore 1.0.03.09110, found that there is different post for T2 versions. I restored and found the T2 interface back, wifi working, but no usb support. I did a factory reset with next page and back button, system reinitialized, still no USB support. I can charge it but can't connect. Neither PC or laptop. What should I do ?
skipme is offline   Reply With Quote