Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
JulioQc
JulioQc began at the beginning.

Device: exPDF
Question Import book issue

Hello,

I'm having issues with adding books properly with regular expressions.

Heres the filename: Lee Earle - Syzygy - The First Five Volumes.pdf
Heres the regular expression: (?P<author>.+) - (?P<title>.+)

Author should be "Lee Earle"
and title "Syzygy - The First Five Volumes"

Issue is Calibre sees author as "Lee Earle - Syzygy" and title as "The First Five Volumes" .... im having that issue with most of my files with two "-" (hyphen) in their filename.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
JulioQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
(?P<author>[^-].+) - (?P<title>.+) should work

This changes the author search to look for a sequence of any characters that are not -'s.

I think there are other approaches that should word as well (look for a discussion on Greedy / Lazy pattern matching).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I would just make your author expression non greedy in case you have a hyphenated author which would fail with PeterT's expression. Just involves adding one character...
i.e. (?P<author>.+?) - (?P<title>.+)
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
LOL... I just wasn't fully sure on the non greedy....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
JulioQc
JulioQc began at the beginning.

Device: exPDF
(?P<author>[^-]+) - (?P<title>.+)

Worked like a charm!

Thanks for the help
JulioQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert