Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
fireforce
iRiver Story
fireforce began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Cases & Covers for iRiver Story

Hi Guys,

I just got my Story, but it doesn't come with a cover or even a slip in case.

Apart from the "official" plastic one that iRiver has, anyone tried anything else that fits?

btw, the Kindle 2 has very similar dimensions (Just a bit wider, if I'm not mistaken). Dunno if anyone here has tried fitting a Story into a Kindle 2 case.
fireforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
isaak
Enthusiast
isaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo aura one; kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireforce View Post
Hi Guys,

I just got my Story, but it doesn't come with a cover or even a slip in case.

Apart from the "official" plastic one that iRiver has, anyone tried anything else that fits?

btw, the Kindle 2 has very similar dimensions (Just a bit wider, if I'm not mistaken). Dunno if anyone here has tried fitting a Story into a Kindle 2 case.
I bought a Kindle 2 case for my iriver story and it fits very well. It's only millimeters wider.
isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
RedHeadPeter
Enthusiast
RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Bebook
Amazon in the UK are selling the real iRiver one (and the Story - odd that, you might think they wouldn't stock stuff that competes with the Kindle)

See http://www.amazon.co.uk/IRIVER-STORY...1404145&sr=8-4
RedHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
danny71
danny71 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story
much nicer kindle 2 case's on there
danny71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
fireforce
iRiver Story
fireforce began at the beginning.

I just made this DIY case from a cheap stationery case I got from the bookshop for less than USD2.00.

Happened to find a case that fit the Story exactly!

It's made of foam. I just cut away the zipper that was sewn in, and voila..... foam case!!!

Pics here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...1&id=737972369
fireforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 06:03 AM   #6
yamasculia
yamasculia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi Everyone,

I can't even get hold of the white iriver case now, Amazon are out and other places just shrug. I'm a little dissapointed that they couldn't chuck in the basic case for free, it must be approx 50 pence worth of plastic.

Anyone know where I can get an official case? Otherwise Isaak: is that Kindle2 case working out for you?
yamasculia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 AM   #7
isaak
Enthusiast
isaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo aura one; kindle dx
Yes, the kindle 2 case is almost perfect, check amazon or ebay for "kroo kindle2 cases"
isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #8
caxandra
Enthusiast
caxandra began at the beginning.

Official case:
www.canman.se

And i got a Kindle silicone, falls off... it's to big. So I made my own =)
caxandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #9
holleboom
holleboom began at the beginning.

I've had contact with a eBay seller whether he was able to sell the original cover. He immediately added it to his shop: http://cgi.ebay.nl/iRiver-Story-eBoo...item3ca9829c74
holleboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 AM   #10
holleboom
holleboom began at the beginning.

And 2 more cases. Even a brown leather genuine iRiver!

http://cgi.ebay.de/IRIVER-STORY-Carr...item3ca98ecef0

http://cgi.ebay.de/IRIVER-STORY-Carr...item3ca98ed3ef
holleboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:11 AM   #11
yamasculia
yamasculia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Amazon UK have them in stock!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IRIVER-STORY...4752615&sr=8-2

I got one! One left!
yamasculia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #12
denodan
Enthusiast
denodan doesn't litterdenodan doesn't litter

This is a much better case the the iriver Story one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...JTDP0T1G65QRDA

This is the case I am going for.
denodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #13
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Am I right in what I'm seeing? The "official" one just looks like a plastic sleeve, held closed by a rubber band.

Really? For £20 at Amazon UK? (The local distributor here in Australia wants $58 for it. They've got to be kidding !!)

Here are the two I'm considering, both from Amazon UK.

An iGadgitz one or a Tuff-Luv one. Both quite expensive, it seems to me.

What I'm most looking for: a case that will protect the device from scratches to the screen, broken buttons or cracked housing; and that will also allow access to reading from the device comfortably, and also access its buttons and ports without having to repeatedly take the device out of its case, and put it back again when I'm done.

I'd be really grateful for any observations or suggestions people might want to make, especially if you have either of these leather cases or have seen them close-up. It's difficult to decide on such things, when you've only got small(ish) pictures on the internet to make your decision from.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #14
denodan
Enthusiast
denodan doesn't litterdenodan doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Am I right in what I'm seeing? The "official" one just looks like a plastic sleeve, held closed by a rubber band.

Really? For £20 at Amazon UK? (The local distributor here in Australia wants $58 for it. They've got to be kidding !!)

Here are the two I'm considering, both from Amazon UK.

An iGadgitz one or a Tuff-Luv one. Both quite expensive, it seems to me.

What I'm most looking for: a case that will protect the device from scratches to the screen, broken buttons or cracked housing; and that will also allow access to reading from the device comfortably, and also access its buttons and ports without having to repeatedly take the device out of its case, and put it back again when I'm done.

I'd be really grateful for any observations or suggestions people might want to make, especially if you have either of these leather cases or have seen them close-up. It's difficult to decide on such things, when you've only got small(ish) pictures on the internet to make your decision from.
If I where you, I would go for the iGadgitz case. I just got one and will well protect your iriver Story from damage. You can also access the buttons and bottom plugs without removel from the case.

If you need to. It's so easy to get in and out of case. The iriver Story is only held in the 4 corners, but fits nice with no fear of it falling out.

The other one you also list, looks nice, but would seem more of a pain trying to put it in the case, and if you need to remove it for whatever would look a pain.

The iGadgitz is nice and comftable to hold while using your iriver Story and does not interfere with any access to your iriver story. I recommend this case. It tough, looks great and will well protect your iriver Story.

I got mine from here:

http://www.igadgitz.com/products/fin...ry-e-book.html

I live in New Zealand and they are quick in sending them. I got it in about a week after I ordered it, which is fast for us.
denodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:45 AM   #15
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
G'day Denodan,
Thanks mate for the reply. Very much appreciated.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the iGadgitz case.

Out of curiosity, have you seen the "official" iRiver one? I'd like to see it close-up before I'm sure, but from the photos on the internet, it looks like it's just a plastic sleeve, like a ring binder. For $58?!! But nowhere here has it in stock, only for special order, so I haven't been able to see for myself.

So, are you happy with your Story? I like the way it handles ePub files, but not Word documents. They seem pretty much unreadable, so I'm not sure what the point is of saying the device supports them.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote