Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Thanks for the insight and for providing us with a single upgrade path. I guess you could call it a roll-up to the current version! I'm gonna give this one a whirl and see if it fixes my PDB parsing issues.

You da man Jon!
Hope it helps. At least we won't be getting people going from 4.0 to an incomplete 07/30/2007.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #47
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Hope it helps. At least we won't be getting people going from 4.0 to an incomplete 07/30/2007.

Why do you say it is incomplete?
I was told it is a full update like any previous.

In particular, on ebook.org forum I asked:
Could I updated my 12.04.2007 with the latest 30.07.2007 bypassing Mat's update (because I heard rumours that it is incomplete)?

The answer was Yes.

?

Last edited by astra; 09-09-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: grammar
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Why do you say it is incomplete?
I was told it is a full update like any previous.

In particular, on ebook.org forum I asked:
Could I updated my 12.04.2007 with the latest 30.07.2007 bypassing Mat's update (because I heard romours that it is incomplete)?

The answer was Yes.

?
Whoever posted on the forum is incorrect. 07/30/2007 is an incomplete update when going from the install.

I have no idea about the 12/04/2007 version. All I know is that going from the installer (4.0) and then directly to 07/30/2007 gives you an incomplete update. The reason is that the update assumes you've updated previously. And if not, it won't work. The 07/30/2007 update as received from the website is incomplete. The 07/30/2007 I posted here is a combination of all the updates since the initial install. So it is complete. I suggest you download the 07/30/2007 posted here and use that one for your updates.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #49
mgmharry
mgmharry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Still trying

Thank you for the welcome, and for the advice! I will try reinstalling it to a new directory, although I have user access control turned off and my account is an administrator on the computer. It's worth a shot, at least.

I also made sure the .ocx file was in system32 and even ran a command-line register command to make sure it was really registered.

Sorry for the late response - I had been out of town and just got to get back to this. The one very bright spot for me is that my Reader came in while I was away and I love it! I'm eager to try out some of the interface hacks and, of course, to start reading with it.

Thanks again.
Greg
mgmharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

mgmharry, try the following as posted by ChrisI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisI View Post
I have Book Designer running on my Vista machine. There were several issues, which I resolved by reading various threads on this forum. Here's what I did: (My apologies for not giving proper credit to those who posted each fix.)

1. Download and install the Microsoft DHTML Editing Control.

2. Install the 4.0 BD, and the latest 7/30/2007 update. I installed to Program Files, but you can probably skip the next two steps if you install to a different directory.

3. Browse to C:\Program Files\ and right-click on the Book Designer 4.0 folder. Select Properties. Go to the Security tab. Select Edit... and Add... then enter your user-id. Grant yourself full access to the directory.

4. Create the subdirectory C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\Sony Reader, and the subdirectory C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\LastFile. These directories are normally created automatically by the program, but even with full access I had to create them by hand.

5. Open a Command Prompt, as Administrator. (Right-click on the menu item and select run as administrator.) Go to the Book Designer 4.0 directory, and run the following command: regsvr32 GflAx.dll. This dll was copied to the BD by the update, and needs to be registered to get graphics (such as browse for a cover page) to work properly.

I think that’s everything. One of the things I tried along the way was to modify the properties of BookDesigner.exe to run as administrator. This caused an error: comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered, so I changed it back.

I hope this helps.
Advert
Old 09-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #51
mgmharry

Interesting but odd

I followed the instructions that worked for the others. I already had the DHTML control installed, so I let the setup program repair it. Then, I did the rest.

I'm curious that his resolution was to not run it as administrator. I will try turning User Access Controls back on and see if that makes a difference. I still get the comdlg32.ocx error so far...

Thank you.
Greg
Old 09-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #52
mgmharry

UAC

Well, re-enabling Vista's User Access Controls allows the program to work. I guess that's something to forward to the author, to figure out why it gets confused without UAC enabled....

Thanks again for the help...

Greg
Old 09-13-2007, 05:02 PM   #53
lj69
lj69 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY
can anyone tell me why this version not support the foreign language
lj69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj69 View Post
can anyone tell me why this version not support the foreign language
It does support foreign languages. What language are you looking for support for?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #55
lj69

Quote:
It does support foreign languages. What language are you looking for support for?
i'm looking for the vietnamese languages, i just got ereader from sonny , cannot wait to make an ebook for my own but when i convert to .lrf than they not support
please, help

Last edited by lj69; 09-13-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj69 View Post
i'm looking for the Vietnamese languages, i just got ereader from sonny , cannot wait to make an ebook for my own but when i convert to .lrf than they not support
please, help
In Book Designer, Go to the Configuration Menu and select Font. Then select the Vietnamese font you want. In the Make Sony Reader dialog, select the same font to embed and then change the font options to use that font.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #57
lj69

Quote:
In Book Designer, Go to the Configuration Menu and select Font. Then select the Vietnamese font you want. In the Make Sony Reader dialog, select the same font to embed and then change the font options to use that font.
i try everything i can but turn out so bad , can not read anything
here i try some of my vietnames in unicode use, can you make a sample please, just use font tahoma is fine
chào anh, hôm nay là một ngày đẹp trời
can you make sample please
thank you
Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #58
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
How's this look?
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Sample Vietnamese Text.lrf (6.0 KB, 977 views)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #59
lj69

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
How's this look?
thank you for replying but for the fist 4 word is readable and then for the rest is turn out with all the numbers and sign and unreadable
thank you for quick reply but anyother way to do that
Old 09-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #60
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Ah, yes, I see what you're saying ....

It looks like BD doesn't know what to make of those characters. Short of vvv extending the character coverage, you're probably not going to get any farther with BD.

What is the original format on your texts? Perhaps one of the stand-alone converters such as HTML2LRF or LIT2LRF might give you better results.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner