Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #61
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Perhaps in a few years I'll try again.... My experience is that the good authors would not allow you to disengage in the middle of action - no matter what. But I was proved wrong before...
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #62
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Nanny View Post
I'll strongly second the recommendation for the Long Price Quartet, which starts with A Shadow in Summer. I'm now working my way through his Dagger and the Coin which began with The Dragon's Path. You might also like The Entire and the Rose by Kay Kenyon. First book is Bright of the Sky.
Three phenomenal series. All of which I can highly recommend. I have read 2 of the 4 books in The Long Price Quartet, but I have copies of the 3rd and 4th book sitting on my Kindle. I've only read the first book of The Dagger and the Coin, and I've purchased #2 in Kindle format. Same with The Entire and the Rose; book 2 is sitting on my Kindle. I just need to dedicate some time to finishing these three series.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #63
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Update.

I really enjoyed Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy but I didn't like the ending too much. A little TOO bleak for me, and that's someone that enjoyed Hobb's Soldier Son trilogy and Glen Cook's Black Company books. I think if only one or two characters got it better I would have felt better, but it came out almost TOO badly for me. I get that the world is often a bleak place, and the assholes often win out, but man, I like to see a bit more of a mixed-bag or bittersweet-type ending than this ended up.

I've got Trudi Canavan's Thief's Magic on hold at the library but there's a couple of folks ahead of me.

I've seen Daniel Abraham's name before, I'll look into his stuff.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 08-24-2014 at 10:50 PM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #64
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I was also let down by the ending. It wasn't horrible but everything up to that point had been so good that it paled in comparison.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote