Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #391
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I had to enable USB debugging for adb to see the Boyue. Haven't rooted yet.

Instructions for enabling it here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/129728/how-...n-android-4.2/
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #392
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I have followed the instructions up to this point

The adb_usb.ini only has "0x2207" in it, should there be other lines of code? If this is all that should be there, do I add onto this line, or create a new line which says:
Code:
0x2207; 0x0010
below the existing line?
Mine looks like this:

0x2207
0x2207; 0x0010

I don't think it matters either way. adb now sees my device so it seems okay.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #393
MrTech
MrTech began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T63
Solutions to Root Boyue T63

I had a lot of problems getting my Boyue T63 rooted. I followed the instructions in this thread and still had trouble. This post is to share my various solutions, because I was able to Root my Boyue T63 and run a working Google Play Store and Google Play Books on it.

Problem loading the Drivers. To fix...
I made the mistake of not Extracting the Zip file with the Drivers. You must do this in order to have Windows install the drivers. It will fail each time if you have not extracted the Zip container into a normal set of folders.

The device would show up in Windows 10 Windows Explorer, but it did not show up for ADB, and could not be accessed to run the Root batch file.

I struggled, then finally...

The key to getting it to work was to
1) Enable Developer Options
Go into Settings. Then tap About Device.
Then tap Build Number 7 times, 7 taps on the build number will enable Developer Options

2) Enable USB Debugging.
If you are still in the Settings section for About Device, you will need to go back a screen, to your Settings main page, now { } Developer Options will be visible. Tap on Developer Options and then tap the check box for USB debugging.

When USB debugging is checked the steps in this thread for running the Root batch file worked fine.

I did have some further problems, since I had attempted to install Google Play through an alternative marketplace, called Good E Reader.
http://apps.goodereader.com/

I tried a few version of Google Play, and the problem I had was that I could download apps, but they failed to install. I installed the app Nova Launcher from Good E Reader and was able to find an app on the Boyue called APKInstaller, which I used to Manage to uninstall versions of Google Play that were not working, and try different versions that I had downloaded. The version the worked for me to install the apps correctly was version 7.6.08.N-all [0] [PR] 149245622
It may have been the one that I downloaded from Good E Reader, it may have been one that got pushed on my T63 from the Root batch process. I am not sure, but if you have trouble after rooting and try to use Google Play, then use your browser to go to the webpage for Good E Reader and download the versions available there. One had the name Google Play for E-ink, and the other was just normal.

I mention all these details in case it helps anyone. I really struggled and didn't know how to get this done and wasted a lot of time, so if I save anyone time, then I am glad.

One thing I notice about using the T63 with regular Android apps is that the apps are not built for black and white and many apps lose the kind of contrast that the E-ink is capable of, and look very bad frankly. I don't think it is the quality of the actual screen, but the apps using the screen as if it could do color. I notice that when I move through different screens they actually show me much clearer contrast as an intermediate process, then land on the washed out greyscale. Too bad. So the task was to find an Ereader app that worked best, and could select a plain untextured background.

I found AIReader to have some color options to help.
And the app that comes on the T63 called FBReader was also able to produce very clear reading screens.
The color problems really show up on the Library screens where images or icons are showed. This is true of Nova Launcher and other apps.

That is what I felt might help people to share. Good luck, if you are thinking of buying the T63 you should be confident that you will be able to Root it and run Google Play and Google Play Books on it. I had to update the Google Play Books app to get it to work, but it is working now. That was the main reason I bought this Boyue T63, to get an E-ink Reader for Google Play Books. That works now, so far as I have tested. I haven't tried to buy books or anything, but to download and read it seems ok.

Last edited by MrTech; 04-18-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Adding details I forgot.
MrTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:40 AM   #394
jw95275
jw95275 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T63
Can someone pull the browser apk from the T63 and share it? Bought a T63 from banggood and even though there's a browser button, it doesn't start any activities, and can't find a browser app on the device.

Thanks!
jw95275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:36 AM   #395
luppolone
luppolone began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTech View Post
I had a lot of problems getting my Boyue T63 rooted. I followed the instructions in this thread and still had trouble. This post is to share my various solutions, because I was able to Root my Boyue T63 and run a working Google Play Store and Google Play Books on it.

Problem loading the Drivers. To fix...
I made the mistake of not Extracting the Zip file with the Drivers. You must do this in order to have Windows install the drivers. It will fail each time if you have not extracted the Zip container into a normal set of folders.

The device would show up in Windows 10 Windows Explorer, but it did not show up for ADB, and could not be accessed to run the Root batch file.

I struggled, then finally...

The key to getting it to work was to
1) Enable Developer Options
Go into Settings. Then tap About Device.
Then tap Build Number 7 times, 7 taps on the build number will enable Developer Options

2) Enable USB Debugging.
If you are still in the Settings section for About Device, you will need to go back a screen, to your Settings main page, now { } Developer Options will be visible. Tap on Developer Options and then tap the check box for USB debugging.

When USB debugging is checked the steps in this thread for running the Root batch file worked fine.

I did have some further problems, since I had attempted to install Google Play through an alternative marketplace, called Good E Reader.
http://apps.goodereader.com/

I tried a few version of Google Play, and the problem I had was that I could download apps, but they failed to install. I installed the app Nova Launcher from Good E Reader and was able to find an app on the Boyue called APKInstaller, which I used to Manage to uninstall versions of Google Play that were not working, and try different versions that I had downloaded. The version the worked for me to install the apps correctly was version 7.6.08.N-all [0] [PR] 149245622
It may have been the one that I downloaded from Good E Reader, it may have been one that got pushed on my T63 from the Root batch process. I am not sure, but if you have trouble after rooting and try to use Google Play, then use your browser to go to the webpage for Good E Reader and download the versions available there. One had the name Google Play for E-ink, and the other was just normal.

I mention all these details in case it helps anyone. I really struggled and didn't know how to get this done and wasted a lot of time, so if I save anyone time, then I am glad.

One thing I notice about using the T63 with regular Android apps is that the apps are not built for black and white and many apps lose the kind of contrast that the E-ink is capable of, and look very bad frankly. I don't think it is the quality of the actual screen, but the apps using the screen as if it could do color. I notice that when I move through different screens they actually show me much clearer contrast as an intermediate process, then land on the washed out greyscale. Too bad. So the task was to find an Ereader app that worked best, and could select a plain untextured background.

I found AIReader to have some color options to help.
And the app that comes on the T63 called FBReader was also able to produce very clear reading screens.
The color problems really show up on the Library screens where images or icons are showed. This is true of Nova Launcher and other apps.

That is what I felt might help people to share. Good luck, if you are thinking of buying the T63 you should be confident that you will be able to Root it and run Google Play and Google Play Books on it. I had to update the Google Play Books app to get it to work, but it is working now. That was the main reason I bought this Boyue T63, to get an E-ink Reader for Google Play Books. That works now, so far as I have tested. I haven't tried to buy books or anything, but to download and read it seems ok.
Hi, I have a similar problem with Google Play. It seems that the firmware of my T63 is a ported version of C67ML Carta 2. I received it from banggood with this version already installed.
I can root using option 2 of the toolkit, but I cannot install Google Play with option 3. I had to install adbd insecure to make the system partition writable, and after that I was able to install Google Play.
Now Google Play is there but GoogleServiceFramework crashes each time I boot. I can login, search app, click download but it just wait with the progress bar forever.
Tried different version of Google Play without success.
If I try to replace GoogleServiceFramework.apk that comes with T6X Toolkit with another one, I cannot install it, both via adb push and chmod than via sdcard.
Anyone has advices?
Which firmware were you using when you managed to make Google Play work?

thanks.
luppolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:11 PM   #396
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
Hi everyone, I have a rebranded version of these Chinese e-book readers that looks like this:

The specifications are:
6inch e-ink
212 ppi resolution
512mb ram
Dual core 1 ghz cpu
Front light
Physical page turn button

What is the exact model of this device? And could I use the Mod and rooting method of this thread on it to jailbreak it?
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #397
amin021023
Enthusiast

Guys, trying to root my rk3026 device I get "Failure" because of "no permission to write:read-only file" and it's not able to change the permissions and it ultimately fails !
Old 08-09-2019, 05:55 AM   #398
amin021023
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin021023 View Post
Guys, trying to root my rk3026 device I get "Failure" because of "no permission to write:read-only file" and it's not able to change the permissions and it ultimately fails !
Ain't nobody help a dude?
Both the nightboy's tool methods to root results in failure for my boyue rk3026 and I'm desperate.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #399
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Looks like a model from 2016. If you are willing to make a complete memory backup and share it with me I could look into rooting it. I will provide the instruction for making this backup after you consent to it.
One of the E654BK clones, if the wrong firmware is written on it, it will be a nice paperweight.

Edit: I forgot to tell that there are many clones of this on the market. Providing the whole serial number of your device might help to a better guess which clone is yours.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-11-2019 at 08:58 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:22 PM   #400
amin021023
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Looks like a model from 2016. If you are willing to make a complete memory backup and share it with me I could look into rooting it. I will provide the instruction for making this backup after you consent to it.
One of the E654BK clones, if the wrong firmware is written on it, it will be a nice paperweight.

Edit: I forgot to tell that there are many clones of this on the market. Providing the whole serial number of your device might help to a better guess which clone is yours.
Ah that's so kind of you to offer helping me with that. My device is a rebranded version of boyue so I don't think the serial number would be much of help but it's: FB-HA-F198-18419

Thanks,
Old 08-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #401
amin021023
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post

Quote:
Ah that's so kind of you to offer helping me with that. My device is a rebranded version of boyue so I don't think the serial number would be much of help but it's: FB-HA-F198-18419

Thanks,
Update: I rooted it ! I finally got the device rooted, using RootGenius.
and I finally was able to install apps using this cool tiny method. but the koreader I installed didn't work so I'm trying older versions....

looking forward for some app suggestions to install...

thanks
Old 08-12-2019, 06:14 AM   #402
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Update: I rooted it ! I finally got the device rooted, using RootGenius.
and I finally was able to install apps using this cool tiny method. but the koreader I installed didn't work so I'm trying older versions....

looking forward for some app suggestions to install...

thanks
Glad to hear, sent you a private message regarding a backup.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote