Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Found a way to get IPhone PID to work with mobidedrm

I know how to use mobidedrm but haven't been able to get past the "Error: no key found. maybe the PID is incorrect" and "Error: invalid PID checksum" error when using my PID from my IPhone. I found a post about downloading azw-0.2.zip and using that version of kindlepid.py and to get a PID it worked!
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
Is the kindlepid.py how you get the PID of the iPhone?

I'm still uncertain of how to get the Kindle ebook file off the iPhone onto my PC.
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2112 View Post
Is the kindlepid.py how you get the PID of the iPhone?

I'm still uncertain of how to get the Kindle ebook file off the iPhone onto my PC.
Search the forum and google for "iphone backup extractor".
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks Daffy. Another user posted these links for me, and they're applicable here:

Exportin Kindle Books from iPhone:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54745

KindlePID / KindleFix:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41649
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

If it helps, here is a a concise explanation of how to get to your Iphone books and how to get a get a usable PID since I found the PIDs with $ or * don't work on my IPhone books...

1) How to get a copy of ebooks off IPhone
Backup the iphone with Itunes, then use Iphone Backup Extractor. The problem is that your books will not have recognizable names so it's a pain if you want a specific book and not all of them.
http://www.reincubate.com/labs/iphon...e/3_wizard.png
This directory in backupextractor:

2) How to get your UDID for your IPhone from ITunes
To find your iPhone's UDID, just plug it into your computer and wait until iTunes recognizes it. Select your phone from the Devices list in iTunes and click the "Summary" tab. To see your UDID, click on the word "serial number" beside the picture of the iPhone. You should see the word "identifer" and an alphanumeric string – this is your UDID. To copy it, just press command + C on your Mac's keyboard (or control + C in Windows)

3) How to get a PID from your UDID
This next step assumes you know how to use Python and have downloaded azw-0.2.zip (google to find it) and added the python files to the pythonxx\tools\scripts folder.
Use kindlepid.py to generate a PID. For example, if I type kindlepid.py 7XXXa8XXbcXXXXXXb9XXXXXXXXXXd9bXXXXXXXf01XX (my UDID xed out) I will get a PID.

Can't discuss how to strip DRM from books in the forums since it is probably illegal to remove DRM. You'll have to PM someone who knows or search the forums (that can be a nightmare of threads).
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
Tom2112
Tablet eReader

Double thanks, Katelyn!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
Katelyn
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
If it helps, here is a a concise explanation of how to get to your Iphone books and how to get a get a usable PID since I found the PIDs with $ or * don't work on my IPhone books...

1) How to get a copy of ebooks off IPhone
Backup the iphone with Itunes, then use Iphone Backup Extractor. The problem is that your books will not have recognizable names so it's a pain if you want a specific book and not all of them.
http://www.reincubate.com/labs/iphon...e/3_wizard.png
This directory in backupextractor:

2) How to get your UDID for your IPhone from ITunes
To find your iPhone's UDID, just plug it into your computer and wait until iTunes recognizes it. Select your phone from the Devices list in iTunes and click the "Summary" tab. To see your UDID, click on the word "serial number" beside the picture of the iPhone. You should see the word "identifer" and an alphanumeric string – this is your UDID. To copy it, just press command + C on your Mac's keyboard (or control + C in Windows)

3) How to get a PID from your UDID
This next step assumes you know how to use Python and have downloaded azw-0.2.zip (google to find it) and added the python files to the pythonxx\tools\scripts folder.
Use kindlepid.py to generate a PID. For example, if I type kindlepid.py 7XXXa8XXbcXXXXXXb9XXXXXXXXXXd9bXXXXXXXf01XX (my UDID xed out) I will get a PID.

Can't discuss how to strip DRM from books in the forums since it is probably illegal to remove DRM. You'll have to PM someone who knows or search the forums (that can be a nightmare of threads).
UPDATE - This replaces #1 above. I find it much easier to use the new Kindle for PC program instead of Iphone Backup Extractor. The Kindle for PC drops the file into a folder named My Kindle Content so as you purchase a book, you can quickly find, copy and rename the file. Using Iphone Backup Extractor, it was painfully tedious trying to figure out which book was which since amazon's naming convention is nonsensical.

The other thing to keep in mind is that not every Kindle purchase can be de-DRMed and some are not DRMed at all. I've read that if the file size is not noted in the Product Details section, the book most likely cannot be de-DRMed (topaz or .azw format even though the extension is .prc).

Hope this new info helps.