Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Another firmware upgrade coming to support Hyperlink in EPUB

Dear All:

We expect that by Monday of next week we will post on our website
(www.theEZreader.com) a firmware upgrade that will take care of Hyperlinks in EPUB. That is coming very quickly!

This same firmware upgrade will fix the subcontent missing link issue.

The factory is clearly paying attention!

Last edited by Robertb; 09-10-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Wow, i havent got my colored PP yet and now i see 2 firmware updates. Come on, i want to get my new eReader before they get more =P
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Agreed. This is most excellent news!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
jwsheets
Connoisseur
jwsheets began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Great News. Now if I would get an email saying my colored PP was on the way (watch it guys), all would be peachy keen!
jwsheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
RobertB, thanks for letting us know and for voicing folks requests/issues with Jinke. Not sure if these fixes were already in the works or if they were because Astak asked for them, but it's great to FEEL listened to.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great to Feel Listened to

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
RobertB, thanks for letting us know and for voicing folks requests/issues with Jinke. Not sure if these fixes were already in the works or if they were because Astak asked for them, but it's great to FEEL listened to.
Dear AnemicOak:

Thank you! I am not sure whether it was our suggestions to the factory or the factory read these Astak threads (I suspect they do continually)... but the results are good and that is what matters.

I have to say that I do not think I have ever worked with and for a factory that was more open to making things better. Our factory simply seems willing to make this the best device that they can make. Lately it is almost an obsession with them. They do not just take our suggestions and say "thanks"... they get right on it.

Dale DePriest is also VERY responsible for the firmware upgrades. They relish every lengthy word from him on how to improve. You members will never fully appreciate what Dale does for you!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
Robertb

Most likely this Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsheets View Post
Great News. Now if I would get an email saying my colored PP was on the way (watch it guys), all would be peachy keen!
Dear JWsheets:

I have been beaten and kicked and forced NOT to promise anything on shipping dates. There is a small and very ugly guy here who handles that and he watches my posts like a sharp-eyed butthead. He handles shipping schedules and pricing and a lot more.

Right now I can say it looks like Friday. We are working all night on Friday, I know that! ANYTHING can happen until it is in the warehouse; but it looks damned good.

Did you sign up for a Tweet from us yet?? That will be first notification. All info for signing up is on a thread I made yesterday with a subject line that pretty clear.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
tmgplc
Enthusiast
tmgplc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire 7" (2014)
Robertb - Thank you for the continual updates and as a new customer I greatly appreciate the service. I don't know what to do with myself now that I found a company that actually listens and seems approachable.

I downloaded the new firmware for the 5" but the three boxes at the bottom of the webpage cover the last few lines of instructions. Can you have someone change that page so I can see the last few steps to update the firmware?

Thanks,
tmgplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do hope the next firmware fixes the remaining known bugs in ePub.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgplc View Post
...but the three boxes at the bottom of the webpage cover...
I too have the same problem at home, but not at work.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgplc View Post
Robertb - Thank you for the continual updates and as a new customer I greatly appreciate the service. I don't know what to do with myself now that I found a company that actually listens and seems approachable.

I downloaded the new firmware for the 5" but the three boxes at the bottom of the webpage cover the last few lines of instructions. Can you have someone change that page so I can see the last few steps to update the firmware.
I used to get the same thing until I put my browser into full screen mode. In Full Screen, accessed through the "view" menu or by F11 key, the page displays properly.

It works for me in Firefox. Hope it works for you too.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks charlong! I use Firefox, and I'll try it.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #13
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I have to say that I do not think I have ever worked with and for a factory that was more open to making things better. Our factory simply seems willing to make this the best device that they can make. Lately it is almost an obsession with them. They do not just take our suggestions and say "thanks"... they get right on it.
When it came time for me to buy a reader, reading on these forums that Astak support was responsive and the factory was responsive to them was the thing that pushed me over the edge to choosing the EZReader. Keep up the good work.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote