Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #31
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
But what happend to your Pocket Pro? didn't you ask that for your birthday?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #32
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I did, but Robert hasnt sent it yet. I think he's too busy reading on it. Last I heard he was having trouble understanding some of the words. I think the book was "Billy and his Red Balloon"
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #33
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I did, but Robert hasnt sent it yet. I think he's too busy reading on it. Last I heard he was having trouble understanding some of the words. I think the book was "Billy and his Red Balloon"
Hmm, I presume he's testing the device then.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #34
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, there are 12000+ books here at Mobileread. Go ahead and pick one up on me! Happy birthday, dude!
Now *that's* class!!

HAPPY BELATED!! Hau'oli la hanau e Griffonwing!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #35
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
A belated Happy Birthday, Griffonwing!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #36
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not belated yet!

Actually, I wasn't born until 11:35pm (CST) so I still have 7.5 hours left
Old 08-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #37
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Griffonwing is under a NDA with Robertb and cannot reveal that he has 50 Pocket Pros in Slate blue being guarded by his parrot.

Happy Birthday!
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #38
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Happy slightly belated birthday, griffonwing!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #39
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Happy birthday Griff!

Now please, celebrate for the next month or so, it's definitely worth it!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #40
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Happy birthday, ye ol' Pirate, ye!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pirate_babe_with_parrot_and_ghostship_card-p137219676793486941tra8_210.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	34678   Click image for larger version

Name:	pirate_panda_card-p137116146706416449tra8_210.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	34679  
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #41
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Last night, I sat back on my couch, a mug o rum in one hand, a full pipe in the other, and watched Season 1 Ep 1 of Jonathan Creek.

A great end to a great day.

Thanks everyone who sent their wishes!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:35 AM   #42
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Last night, I sat back on my couch, a mug o rum in one hand, a full pipe in the other, and watched Season 1 Ep 1 of Jonathan Creek.

A great end to a great day.

Thanks everyone who sent their wishes!
OOOOOOooooooo the great Jonathan ...... lucky you.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #43
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

A belated birthday present!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS Bounty.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	34903  
Old 08-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #44
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
oh wow! I haven't seen Jonathan Creek for ages! did they ever end it properly or did it just fade away?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #45
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
A belated birthday present!
One day I will own such a wessel... oh yes I will..

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
oh wow! I haven't seen Jonathan Creek for ages! did they ever end it properly or did it just fade away?
I saw a new one.. The Grinning Man. Not sure if it means the series will return, or if it was simply a one-off. But I am hopeful of a comeback.