Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Question for Igor

Well, Mr. Igor, after re-downloading Python25 and your scripts, I think things will run fine, except for one little thing. After running my command line, and listing my PID, I get a "pid not valid!" Should be in format AAAAAAA*AA
However, my PID, as shown on your site, has a number as the 5th character.

Now what?

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:10 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The PID can have numbers in it, the error message is trying to indicate 7 alpha-numeric characters following by * and then 2 more alpha-numerics. See How to make Igor's script work. The most common problem is that the filename may need to be in quotes.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The PID can have numbers in it, the error message is trying to indicate 7 alpha-numeric characters following by * and then 2 more alpha-numerics. See How to make Igor's script work. The most common problem is that the filename may need to be in quotes.
ahhhh.........the old "quotes" thing.......thanks, will try that.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post

Well, that wasn't it......here is my command line, perhaps i'm not seeing something?

post content modified on Amazon's request

I"ve tried the book names with adn without quotes. However, since the problem is with my PID, that should make no difference.

I've double checked my serial number and ran Kindlepid at make sure pid is correct.

Suggestions? I'm so close!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Your using the wrong command line.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Your using the wrong command line. It should be:

BOb

nope. changed that.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
nope. changed that.
What exactly is the error you are getting. Have you tried dedrm rather than kindlefix?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote