Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
foxieden
foxieden began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
getting deleted book files when adding books

I am getting deleted files when I add books using the (3. Add books directories, including sub-directories (Multiple books per directory, assumes every ebook file is a different book) option.

I added books for the first time, and then realized that it included zips and some other files I did not want to include. I removed the books from Calibre, and then went into windows explorer and cleaned up the files I did not want to add.

When I try to add those books again, I keep getting several of the books as a zip format, that are no longer in explorer. They still transfer in as zip format when I try to only add the unziped book file. Example = bk.html is added as a zip instead of a .html file. The book was in a zip file when added the first time, but was unzipped, the zip file deleted, until there was only the bk.html file inside the folder. When added again the whole original zip file is added. All the zips have been put in another drive so I am not clicking on the wrong file to add.

Have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling callibre using the control panel. I have rebooted after each try. When I have uninstalled, then reinstalled, the preferences, empty Calibre Library, etc. are put in, so it is not doing a complete uninstall on everything. I have deleted the whole folder for the Calibre Library on explorer before reinstalling Calibre, but it shows up again when I reinstall.

Since I am just starting to set up my calibre library, I want to get it correct, and can't figure out how to get my books entered in their current correct format and not the old deleted format. I am sure that something will be added incorrectly again as I go though adding books, as I have several gigs of books to enter. Please let me know how to correct this problem so I know what to do in the future as well as now.

I have Windows 7
foxieden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
It is standard practice for Calibre to change a .html file to a .zip file during import. This is because a .html file will often have references to images and/or a .css file. All relevant files end up in the Calibre zip file.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
If you really really really want to add .html files (not necessary/recommended), you could go to Preferences > Plugins > File type plugins > disable HTML to ZIP plugin.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
foxieden
foxieden began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Thanks, I missed that it converted the .html to zips in the manual.
foxieden is offline   Reply With Quote