Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:11 AM   #91
Fallen angel
Time Vortex Manipulator
Fallen angel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacapee View Post
Weird, It works here. Can you post/pm me a link to the relevant file.
Sure ...

Last edited by Fallen angel; 09-24-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:17 AM   #92
slav
slav began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Hi,

The tool is great!!! I love the output

but It seems to crash from time to time especially when my files have long names with dots and other things like that

oh and one more (just UI issue) - if your filename is long you can't go to the end of text in filename textbox for output filename.

Thanx again for a great tool
Advert
Old 09-03-2007, 07:56 AM   #93
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
One thing I noticed: If you close the parent GUI task (pdflrfwin.exe) while converting, the child task (pdflrf.exe) remains active.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:46 AM   #94
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Device: prs-500
version 0.6 adds support for unicode filenames (previously only unicode metadata was supported), cbr/rar files, better error reporting and assorted bug fixes.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #95
Fallen angel
Time Vortex Manipulator
Fallen angel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thank you cacapee! It works great now ...!!
Advert
Old 09-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #96
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Preview is in the plans. One suggestion is to limit the number of pages to two, so you can see the effect of pretrimming. Use the View button. That makes the turnaround much faster. Also you only need to get results that trim off non-whitespace borders, lines etc. pdflrf's whitespace cropping will take care of the rest.

Multithreading is also in the plans.
First of all, you're one of the Great Ones.

Just to suggest, if you add preview of two pages, don't forget to include option to choose which two pages (they can be side by side, but it's always good to choose some in the middle, or specially problematic ones, rather than first two).

It's just the reminder, probably you'd do that anyway, but I felt obliged to post it.

Thank you man for your great SW. It's not small (except in size on HDD) one. Excellent.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #97
slav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
First of all, you're one of the Great Ones.

Just to suggest, if you add preview of two pages, don't forget to include option to choose which two pages (they can be side by side, but it's always good to choose some in the middle, or specially problematic ones, rather than first two).

It's just the reminder, probably you'd do that anyway, but I felt obliged to post it.

Thank you man for your great SW. It's not small (except in size on HDD) one. Excellent.
Isn't it possible to choose pages you want to covert by putting page numbers from and to??

Quote:
version 0.6 adds support for unicode filenames (previously only unicode metadata was supported), cbr/rar files, better error reporting and assorted bug fixes.
It works cool now! Even with long filenames containing non letter characters.

Thanx dude

Last edited by slav; 09-04-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slav View Post
Isn't it possible to choose pages you want to covert by putting page numbers from and to??
Yes it is.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #99
jaffer1979
Enthusiast
jaffer1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: SonyPrs-500/Palm T|X
hey cacapee I posted those sample pages here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=10402&page=11 that you asked for. I hope you can figure out what going wonky on my I surely would appreciate it.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #100
kstoertz
kstoertz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The converter is great - even better than RasterFarian.

cacapee,

if you are able to fix the "cropping" problem that jaffer1979 described in the RasterFarian thread then you are a real hero!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #101
jaffer1979
Enthusiast
jaffer1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: SonyPrs-500/Palm T|X
I agree this would be an awesome utility. The lack of a ui drove me nuts about rasterfarian this program is simple to use! By the way I posted the sample pages in pdf format in the other thread I had to zip them though to beat the 5mb limit.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #102
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
I have a suggestion. I converted a few magazines and comics over to try this out and they looked pretty good (even in fit to screen mode). But when I tried the landscape mode there is always a little bit of the page left so it goes to 3 landscape pages for 1 page. I think the smart cut option is supposed to help, but is there a way you can give an option to force squish a single page onto just 2 landscape pages on the reader?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #103
BettyE
Connoisseur
BettyE doesn't litterBettyE doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook / Sony PRS-500 / Kindle
This is fantastic! Can't thank you enough, cacapee!

Betty
Old 09-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #104
slav

Hi,

I've noticed that for some of my PDF's when converted to LRF have last line on page cut between both pages and some letters slightly overlap.

If you will have any idea I will really appreciate it (maybe one of the settings needs to be adjusted - I'm using default ones and version 0.6).

I'm attaching pdf and lrf files.

Thanx!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf test.pdf (11.2 KB, 677 views)
File Type: lrf test.lrf (113.9 KB, 605 views)
Old 09-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #105
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Can somebody tell a dummy like me what the ideal settings are to convert your average PDF book to LRF?

Are you converting books into landscape format? What other settings should be tweaked from the default settings?
Closed Thread