Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #121
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
BTW, if you look at the standalone app in the Sony section, one thing that one does is allow you to set a future date to the files you pick, so they stay on the home page even as you add additional books to the reader.

Seems like a nice feature to me.
I agree with Pinecome. Is there any way to do something similar with your plugin?
Anyway, thanks for the plugin, it has many useful options
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #122
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
I agree with Pinecome. Is there any way to do something similar with your plugin?
Hi colibris79,

The latest versions of the plugin actually do this now. That is, the books that are chosen for the Home screen Books List have a date/time stamp assigned that is a year in the future. So the books should remain on the list even after adding new books to the reader.

The plugin doesn't give you the option to enable/disable this feature though. In other words, you get the "future date" behaviour all the time. For myself, I don't really see a use case for being able to disable the feature that can't be handled with the plugin as it is currently. So I'll leave it at that for now unless I become convinced otherwise

I'm not sure if your post was asking for the "future date/time" feature in general (in which case, you should be all set), or if you would like to see it being configurable. If the latter, then I'd be interested in knowing what kind of scenario you would see that requires that level of configuration, and how important that would be to you.

Thanks.
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #123
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

I think I agree with you. I guess the only problem is that I can't use the plugin properly as I just can change the date to the books I choose to the present date and once I've done it I can't change it back. So I just can change the order of the books once a day

Last edited by colibris79; 09-14-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #124
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
I think I agree with you. I guess the only problem is that I can't use the plugin properly as I just can change the date to the books I choose to the present date and once I've done it I can't change it back. So I just can change the order of the books once a day
It would seem that things aren't working quite as they should. But I'm not completely clear on what behaviour you're actually seeing. Can you give me some more details on that? When you say you can only change the date to the present date, do you mean the books you choose end up with a date/time stamp based on the current date and not a year ahead? With the latest version of the plugin, Books List books should always have a date one year ahead (i.e. 2012).

From the description, it sounds like you are using the plugin to set the Books List, but it only works the first time you run in a given day. Subsequent attempts to set the list to different books doesn't work until the next day. Is that close?

I'm not sure I have that right, and if I do, I don't really know what would be causing that... But I'll wait until you can give me more details first - that might clear things up a little more for me.

So if you can give me a detailed description of what actions you are taking with the plugin and what the results are, hopefully we can sort out the issue.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #125
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw View Post
It would seem that things aren't working quite as they should. But I'm not completely clear on what behaviour you're actually seeing. Can you give me some more details on that? When you say you can only change the date to the present date, do you mean the books you choose end up with a date/time stamp based on the current date and not a year ahead? With the latest version of the plugin, Books List books should always have a date one year ahead (i.e. 2012).

From the description, it sounds like you are using the plugin to set the Books List, but it only works the first time you run in a given day. Subsequent attempts to set the list to different books doesn't work until the next day. Is that close?

I'm not sure I have that right, and if I do, I don't really know what would be causing that... But I'll wait until you can give me more details first - that might clear things up a little more for me.

So if you can give me a detailed description of what actions you are taking with the plugin and what the results are, hopefully we can sort out the issue.

Thanks.
As I expected I was doing something wrong . Everything works as it should. Books get a date one year in the future.
But I still like the option of being able to disable the future dates option. Anyways that is just an opinion and I really find it a great tool

EDIT: Now when I apply the plugin to some books I get the message:
Attributeerror 'unicode' object has no attribute 'keys'

Last edited by colibris79; 09-14-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Ask something else
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #126
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
@kpw - Thanks for the plugin it has helped, but now that managing the book list has been added to PRS+ I have to say good-bye.

PRS+ now allows you to select to place the last three books read, other books by the same author or the next three books in the series. If only one book is left in the series then it grabs the next two books by author sort for the list.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #127
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Now when I apply the plugin to some books I get the message:
Attributeerror 'unicode' object has no attribute 'keys'
Looks like the plugin is getting confused in some scenario you're running. If you can get this to happen consistently, can I get you to post the stack trace for the error? That should let me track the problem down.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #128
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
PRS+ now allows you to select to place the last three books read, other books by the same author or the next three books in the series. If only one book is left in the series then it grabs the next two books by author sort for the list.
Sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out myself.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #129
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
@kpw - Thanks for the plugin it has helped, but now that managing the book list has been added to PRS+ I have to say good-bye.

dwanthny, where do you find that option?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #130
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
dwanthny, where do you find that option?
First you need the current release that came out yesterday. Then look under Book Management (it may be on the 2nd page of PRS+ settings). Then choose customize Home Menu booklist. This is beta, this setting doesn't stay saved through connection to the computer or restarting the device and it isn't working for everyone.

That said it works great for me.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #131
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw View Post
Looks like the plugin is getting confused in some scenario you're running. If you can get this to happen consistently, can I get you to post the stack trace for the error? That should let me track the problem down.
Mmm, weird, today is working fine... I will let you know if I get the error again. I use calibre under Puppy Linux and I've just made some adjustmens in udev and usb devices. Maybe that had something to do.
I've tried the new prs+ option and find it different to the plugin so I think I will use both
Old 09-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #132
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Hmm, as soon as this feature of PRS+ comes out of beta and works all the time, I will have to give it a try.

I REALLY like the next 3 books in a series, and that I guess if I start reading the next book, it reshuffles and picks the next three to display?

This makes the Sony PRS-x50 series virtually PERFECT, IMO.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #133
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Hmm, as soon as this feature of PRS+ comes out of beta and works all the time, I will have to give it a try.

I REALLY like the next 3 books in a series, and that I guess if I start reading the next book, it reshuffles and picks the next three to display?

This makes the Sony PRS-x50 series virtually PERFECT, IMO.
Yes, the new PRS+ features look very promising. I'm having some trouble getting them to work consistently and/or as I would expect with the latest version, but I'm sure those issues will be fixed up soon.

I'm guessing the relevence of this plugin will diminish somewhat once things are perfected on the PRS+ side, but it's been a fun run! For myself, I'll continue to use the plugin, partially because I have some emotional attachment to it , but also because I like to do my library management on the Calibre side and push things down to my reader, and I think the plugin facilitates that.

In any case, thanks to all who've had interest in my plugin and have supported it! And for anyone who continues to make use of it, it'll continue to be around.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #134
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Good to hear, kpw. I will continue to use your plugin too, because it faces my wishes more than the function in prs+.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #135
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
I can see a reason for both.

I tend to read books in series order. So having it automatically show the next books in the series is great.

But another option should be books being read. I sometimes am reading more than one, so any recent books opened, but not bookmarked to the last page, should be able to be shown.

Actually, I need a combination. The next book in the series AND the two books I last opened but did not read to the end.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote