Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
Recently Read Files

My recently read is over 5 pages long. Is there a way to get rid of some of the recently read ebooks? If it keeps going its going to be 100 pages long.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alroy View Post
My recently read is over 5 pages long. Is there a way to get rid of some of the recently read ebooks? If it keeps going its going to be 100 pages long.
5 Pages ?
When I last used Astak FW, 4 pages was the norm;

Lbook Firmware (I have been using that because it has some file management) only has 1 page , (I would prefer 2 as I read from a number of books at a time or test EPUB edits and there is no easy way to purge an item)

Back to your question.
You could simply connect to your PC and delete the Recently_read.sys file. (This will, of coarse, lose your current place in the books)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
alroy
Enthusiast

I was afraid of that. I thought if I did that the book would disappear from the Pocket Pro and I would have to add it back again.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
alroy
Enthusiast

Actually it is at 4 pages..but if you say it can't grow larger than that...i can live with it.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually it is at 4 pages..but if you say it can't grow larger than that...i can live with it.
I never saw it larger than that.

Deleting Recently read leaves the books in place, just loses you place in them
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
alroy
Enthusiast

How do you delete them? There is no folder for recently read files. There is a recently read file but you can't open that file. You can delete the file. Does that mean you get rid of all the recently read books?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
How do you delete them? There is no folder for recently read files. There is a recently read file but you can't open that file. You can delete the file. Does that mean you get rid of all the recently read books?
NO, the books stay (on your reader).

The LIST goes away if you delete the Recentlyread.sys file

It is an active-link LIST to the books you have read.

The list may also get purged if you switch Firmware sources. Not every time...
Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
jemyers77
jemyers77 began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 6" EZ-Reader; Kobo wireless; PB 360; Kindle4; Pocketbook Pro
Recently read books

Quote:
Any books you take off the reader will disappear from the recently read list. I remove books I've read and keep them on my PC in an 'already read' folder. I can always add them back at any time.
jemyers77 is offline   Reply With Quote