Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Replacement Battery for PB 302?

I have a PB 302, and have been using it flawlessly for many years. In fact, I love the thing. It has never crashed, or done anything else apart from run perfectly since day 1. If only all my computers and tablets were as good!

The thing is it is getting old - I would have bought it in 2009 or so - and I think the battery must be getting towards the end of it's usable life. Is there a replacement battery available?
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
endriju
endriju began at the beginning.

Device: Pockerbook 302
Pocketbook 302 battery "exploded"

Hi kgn, how did the battery issue go on? Did yo fix it somehow?
I am dealing with similar situation. The device is all good, but recently the battery broke, and i haven't found a spare battery offer from NETRONIX. If someone would have a link where i can buy a new battery, please paste here, it would be great help.
endriju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
kgn
Groupie

No problems. You can get the battery from Pockebook USA. Around $15.
pocketbook-usa.com
Old 08-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #4
endriju

Thank you for your response!

Can you post please where exactly is it possible to order the battery?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
kgn
Groupie

I don't think it is possible to get a replacement battery. I contacted Pocketbook USA, and they gave me a price and I sent in my Paypal money (about $22). I have not heard from them since - and it has been a couple of months. No communication whatsoever, so not sure if they are still trading. They certainly have not responded to any of my emails asking what has happened to my battery. Even Paypal cannot help me now as I left it longer than the 45 days allowed.

Bit disappointed in Pocketbook now - might look at another company for my next ebook reader.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Perhaps they had to back-order it. That sort of thing can take a while.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
kgn
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Perhaps they had to back-order it. That sort of thing can take a while.
I doubt it. They never even replied to my many emails asking for a progress report, and then finally escalating to a Paypal dispute. The Paypal dispute went no-where as I had left it too long - but throughout it all, Pocketbook never replied to any of my emails.

They have either forgotten how to use email, or are no longer actively trading (at least not with me). Since I bought the Pocketbook from them in the first place, it seems it is time to move on to another, better supported brand.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #8
kgn
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
..., it seems it is time to move on to another, better supported brand.
Mind you, my Pocketbook 302 is still working perfectly. They had a good product there - it is a shame they moved onto other models instead of polishing this one. Not that it needs much - it works very well. It could have a slightly faster CPU, I guess.

In fact, that is one of my problems - I do not seem to be able to find anything else as good as the PB302. Not even any of the newer Pocketbook models.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:06 AM   #9
endriju

I have not heard from pocketbook-int.com so far - i contacted them in September 2013 so they had plenty of time to at least reply to my request.

There is apparently no way to get a spare battery for PocketBook 302, which sucks.

I contacted them again today with my spare battery request, i hope they are sincere enough to reply.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #10
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle K4, Kobo mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Tried here http://www.pocketbook-int.com/de ?
Bertolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #11
endriju

I got offered a battery replacement for 36.48euro from ECS company (service provider for pocketbook in my country), what do think of this price? From my point it's too much.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #12
endriju

battery change ridiculous price

So it turned out that the battery price is 18.48 euro, but the "repair" (trivial replacemenet of battery which takes about 25 seconds) costs 18 euro, so together it is 36.48 euro.
For the whole picture i am adding that this is happening in Slovakia (EU) and the company http://esc.sk was recommended to me directly by Pocketbook representative. /off topic: minimum hourly wage in Slovakia is currently 1.99euro brutto./

I refused to pay 18 ridiculous euro for battery replacement. Also this whole case made change my mind about Pocketbook, i will not buy from them again.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #13
kgn
Groupie

My replacement battery finally arrived. Only about AUD$20 or so. No problems. So far the original battery is still going strong, so I may never need it.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #14
endriju

finally it was sorted out

After i contacted Pocketbook about the high price for battery replacemenet, i got another offer from the ESC company for 20 euro (battery+replacement). Finally they wanted 18euro for the battery and nothing else.
So no blame to Pocketbook, this was clearly issue of the local company.
My 302 is up and running again