Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #31
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
When you buy from Amazon, it uses tags to guess at other items you might want to buy, based on the tags of what you just bought, and serves them up for you to see. The more incidences of a particular tag, the more likely your product will appear. So this is upping our chances to be noticed by customers buying or searching for similar items.

I think. At least, that's the way I understand it works.
Yep, that is the way I have come to understand it also.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:11 AM   #32
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
When you buy from Amazon, it uses tags to guess at other items you might want to buy, based on the tags of what you just bought, and serves them up for you to see. The more incidences of a particular tag, the more likely your product will appear. So this is upping our chances to be noticed by customers buying or searching for similar items.

I think. At least, that's the way I understand it works.
I must be stupid, but I still don't get it. What does one actually do to assist the other author?

Do you buy the author's book and get offered other books with the same tag, and his/her book is more likely to come up when others buy books with the same tag?

Or do you do a search with the authors tags, and keep on till his/her book comes up?
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #33
seanhrobertson
seanhrobertson has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Hello, I'm author Sean H. Robertson. Thanks for this Tagging thread. It's a great help to authors! I just tagged ALL of your books on through Amazon USA, but I don't have an Amazon UK account yet. Please return the favor and tag my new Vampire Teen book at

http://www.amazon.com/Cries-Vampira-...tp_s2_edpp_url

vampire(43)
young adult(42)
folklore(38)
paranormal romance(38)

Thank you in advance for your tags. It's great when humans work together to help everyone succeed!

Last edited by seanhrobertson; 11-11-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
seanhrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #34
Ricky Sides
Enthusiast
Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sean,

Thank you for tagging my books. I checked, and I'd already tagged yours. You really should consider a Kindle release. Your genre sells well in the Kindle store when it's appropriately priced.

Have a great day,
Ricky
Ricky Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #35
seanhrobertson
seanhrobertson has learned how to buy an e-book online

Thanks, Ricky. Yes, a Kindle release is in process and should launch in two weeks at $2.99 per download. I appreciate the tags bro!
seanhrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #36
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Tagged you, Sean.
Rhynedahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #37
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
All tagged up, Sean and welcome to the thread.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #38
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Do you buy the author's book and get offered other books with the same tag, and his/her book is more likely to come up when others buy books with the same tag?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Or do you do a search with the authors tags, and keep on till his/her book comes up?
Again, yes. If the author's book has a higher number beside the tag, it is more likely to come up in a search for items with that tag (in a search for [SF], for example, an item with 200 [SF] tags will show up sooner than an item with 100 [SF] tags).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #39
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde

Yes.
Wow! Still, I suppose it's cheaper than advertising.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde

Again, yes. If the author's book has a higher number beside the tag, it is more likely to come up in a search for items with that tag (in a search for [SF], for example, an item with 200 [SF] tags will show up sooner than an item with 100 [SF] tags).
OK, so that's how it works. Thanks, Steven.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #40
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great job keeping this thread alive my friends!

I am throwing some Karma your way.
I added some tags to mine if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks in advance!
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #41
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Looks like I'm still caught up.
Rhynedahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #42
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm in. I've been doing this at other boards and it does work well when everyone reciprocates.

My links to my Amazon author pages are in my sig. There's a lot there. I just ask that people do what they can.

Off to the start of the thread now. Wish me luck, I'm going in.

...edited 10 minutes later to say that I've caught everybody, thanks to there being a few well known peeps here from other places

Last edited by williemeikle; 11-13-2010 at 08:19 AM.
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #43
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williemeikle View Post
My links to my Amazon author pages are in my sig. There's a lot there. I just ask that people do what they can.
Whoa! All those books are yours?

And I thought I was doing good when I hit a dozen!

Stand back, boys... I'm going in...

(later)

Whew! Somebody pass me a brandy... I'm gettin' too old for this stuff!

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 11-13-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #44
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Whoa! All those books are yours?

And I thought I was doing good when I hit a dozen!

Stand back, boys... I'm going in...

(later)

Whew! Somebody pass me a brandy... I'm gettin' too old for this stuff!
Yep, all mine... and the same amount again getting lined up to go. In 6 months or so time I hope to have fifteen novels, six short story collections, and over twenty 99c shorts up there. :-)
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #45
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhrobertson View Post
Hello, I'm author Sean H. Robertson. Thanks for this Tagging thread. It's a great help to authors! I just tagged ALL of your books on through Amazon USA, but I don't have an Amazon UK account yet. Please return the favor and tag my new Vampire Teen book at

http://www.amazon.com/Cries-Vampira-...tp_s2_edpp_url

vampire(43)
young adult(42)
folklore(38)
paranormal romance(38)

Thank you in advance for your tags. It's great when humans work together to help everyone succeed!
Gotta congratulate you on the fine gothic cover there! Done your tags.

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by M T McGuire; 11-13-2010 at 04:29 PM.
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon authors, author tags, indie authors, william l.k.