Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #481
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
SORT BY "123" by priority, group priority first then action priority within group
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_260.png
Views:	307
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	102004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_262.png
Views:	327
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	102005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_263.png
Views:	319
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	102006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_264.png
Views:	284
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	102007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_265.png
Views:	329
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	102008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_267.png
Views:	282
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	102009  

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 11:05 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #482
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

SORT BY "ABC": lexicographic by group and by action name, same name groups coalesce
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_268.png
Views:	275
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	102010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_269.png
Views:	270
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	102011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_270.png
Views:	284
ID:	102012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_271.png
Views:	313
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	102013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_272.png
Views:	289
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	102014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_273.png
Views:	283
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	102015  

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #483
twobob

Now SORT BY "abc" lexicographic by group, names within each group do not move
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_274.png
Views:	266
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	102016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_275.png
Views:	258
ID:	102017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_276.png
Views:	320
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	102018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_277.png
Views:	291
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	102019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_278.png
Views:	276
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	102020  

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #484
twobob

So to recap IN THE 0.4 VERSION:

we now have for sorting options:

sorting by group name; applies to -f=twolevel only. Summary of sort options
. abc lexicographic by group, names within each group do not move
. ABC lexicographic by group and by action name, same name groups coalesce
. 123 by priority, group priority first then action priority within group
(and lexicographic by group name within each priority tier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perhaps a rename?
The two ABC types might need renaming.... I was confused by it...
Others may be too...
We now have a QUIT button

And a REPLACE STORE BUTTON

Good progress.

FURTHER TESTING TO BE DONE
Will repeat that on a lower device... In the morning.. very happy though
Will do some tweaking in the KUAL.cfg also and possibly break the formatting a bit on purpose...
@stepk: Thoughts on the testing appreciated - anything I missed?

FINAL POINTS ON THE (FORTHCOMING) "SYSTEM" extension...

The upcoming /mnt/us/extensions/system is looking more like a reality now...

did some LONG testing and fiddling with KNC1 and it looks like we shall have BASH, LUA, PYTHON, etc etc.. and a whole RAFT of languages and modules available - by default - for all devices very soon now. we tested LUA via binfmt_misc and it worked beautifully. So that MIGHT make it in... probably not quite in time for this release though.

HAPPY!!!!!!

thanks everyone for your time.

Last edited by twobob; 03-03-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: 0.4
Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #485
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rd4i View Post
I haven't forgotten. just been busy.. will try to pick this up tomorrow.
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #486
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Low battery.
When a critically low battery condition occurs, the Kindle un-exports the "real" USB storage area and shows a "fake" one.

Check everything about your re-charging situation (cable, connectors, port and/or wall charger) and then re-charge for at least 20 hours.

The "at least 20 hours" is because that is the default charge curve.
Tried. Fully charged. Still disappears. Also my recent list isn't being updated.
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #487
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Okay... so Continuing the NEXT VERSION OF KUAL testing.
Great! Your screenies show that this version passed all tests on KT (or was it PW?).
Quote:
Here is KUAL (WITH A BROKEN CONFIG FILE) so it FAILS-OVER to defaults...
Like you said, users upgrading will not get this error message.

Quote:
Okay... so NO CONFIG FILE [pictured]
OK. This is the same as #483.

Quote:
SORT BY "123" by priority, group priority first then action priority within group
OK. Of course the end result depends on the actual "priority" field value in each menu.json file. Picture 6 shows that you moved the Komic reader (or was it HUL? I can't remember) near the end of the list, and proves the point. Priority order was a user request. Priority is a numeric value, including negative numbers, default 0.

Quote:
SORT BY "ABC": lexicographic by group and by action name, same name groups coalesce
OK. Notice the "HELPER Landscape" has moved inside the Helper group in picture 6 vs. Picture 3 of #480/#483.

Quote:
Now SORT BY "abc" lexicographic by group, names within each group do not move
This is the default, like #480.

Quote:
So to recap IN THE NEXT VERSION:

we now have for sorting options:

sorting by group name; applies to -f=twolevel only. Summary of sort options
. abc lexicographic by group, names within each group do not move
. ABC lexicographic by group and by action name, same name groups coalesce
. 123 by priority, group priority first then action priority within group
(and lexicographic by group name within each priority tier)

We now have a QUIT button

And a REPLACE STORE BUTTON

FURTHER TESTING TO BE DONE
Will repeat that on a lower device...

@stepk: Thoughts on the testing appreciated - anything I missed?
Great testing and screenies, very helpful. Nothing to add. Thanks!
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #488
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
The upcoming /mnt/us/extensions/system is looking more like a reality now...

did some LONG testing and fiddling with KNC1 and it looks like we shall have BASH, LUA, PYTHON, etc etc.. and a whole RAFT of languages and modules available - by default - for all devices very soon now. we tested LUA via binfmt_misc and it worked beautifully. So that MIGHT make it in... probably not quite in time for this release though.
I can't wait! Thanks knc1 and twobob, you're breaking ground!
Note for KUAL devs: the parser script is strictly for /bin/ash, and so is each "action" field command LINE (if the action calls a bash script as an executable make sure to add the appropriate shebang).
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #489
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
Tried. Fully charged. Still disappears. Also my recent list isn't being updated.
Okay... Question:

Is this the only kindlet you have?

There is nothing in the code that is even related to time..
(why would there be?)

And since you say it disappears after 5 minutes EVERY TIME I have to wonder if this is to do with something completely different.

I'l write you a "EXPORT MY BATTERY LIFE TO A REPORT" button today.
Perhaps that will show something.

Okay?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #490
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Quote:
Okay... Question:

Is this the only kindlet you have?

There is nothing in the code that is even related to time..
(why would there be?)

And since you say it disappears after 5 minutes EVERY TIME I have to wonder if this is to do with something completely different.

I'l write you a "EXPORT MY BATTERY LIFE TO A REPORT" button today.
Perhaps that will show something.

Okay?
Sure. I have JBPatch and Fonthack. They work fine.

I love the support here.
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #491
twobob

Quote:

I love the support here.
Okay. Ill look at making the button as a priority then... *sets about it*
Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #492
n3rd4i
n3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to behold

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
lynx browser

Hello
Is is possible on the future to implement something like lynx browser for Kindle.

It is a very fast text based web browser, which could be very usefull for fast searches...

Please supply feedback to this proposition.

Web: http://lynx.browser.org/
n3rd4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #493
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Hello
Is is possible on the future to implement something like lynx browser for Kindle.

It is a very fast text based web browser, which could be very usefull for fast searches...

I seem to recall that we built that for the Kindle already - -
Try a very good search of this forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #494
twobob

Quote:
Hello

hmmm... I think I have one of those already.. will dig it up.

EDIT: Ah yeah.. found it... will try mangling it into KTERM for now..
err... oh no I wont... you have a kindle keyboard...

Hmm... thinking... in the interim I will attach the files.

Niluje did a BETTER ONE somewhere's if I find it I will swap this out for that.
we could REALLY DO WITH KTERM on the 3... (hint hint baf )

EDIT: yeah... Niluje REALLY did make a "better" one... it's out there somewhere.
or you can use this. Mine doesn't care where it lives, his is a USBNET extension.
Attached Files
File Type: gz lynx_bundle.tar.gz (626.6 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by twobob; 02-27-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: a or an? a I think ;)
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #495
twobob

Quote:

I love the support here.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=11

its here.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified