Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #466
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay: Quick UPDATE on my continued testing of the latest KUAL enhancements...

Sorting by ABC. for some reason this appears to split apart? the HELPER stuff into - seemingly? random locations?

(pictured)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_213.png
Views:	395
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	101809   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_214.png
Views:	976
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	101810   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_215.png
Views:	374
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	101811   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_216.png
Views:	347
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	101812   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_217.png
Views:	362
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	101813  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #467
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

whereas sorting by 123 does the following [pictured]

@stepk is this expected ? I dont see the logic?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_218.png
Views:	527
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	101814   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_219.png
Views:	425
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	101815   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_220.png
Views:	345
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	101816   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_221.png
Views:	313
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	101817   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_222.png
Views:	459
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	101818  
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #468
twobob

The REPLACE STORE BUTTON (and the swanky new reporting mechanism) appear to work fine... will have to clean up my device to check it properly though as I have already amended my buttons "job"

(and this is detected nicely)

PICTURED
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_223.png
Views:	469
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	101819  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #469
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Wow, looks like I've missed a lot since I've been gone! Keep up the work!
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #470
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Wow, looks like I've missed a lot since I've been gone! Keep up the work!
yup. busy busy

hope you are gonna try out KUAL
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #471
twobob

@stepk I will give the updated code a read again.

perhaps I am missing the point.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 AM   #472
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Hangs

Hi guys. I seem to be having a small problem.
KUAL can only be accessed 5 minutes after a restart.
After that, it disappears.
Literally.
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #473
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Okay: Quick UPDATE on my continued testing of the latest KUAL enhancements...

Sorting by ABC. for some reason this appears to split apart? the HELPER stuff into - seemingly? random locations?

(pictured)
Quote:
whereas sorting by 123 does the following [pictured]

@stepk is this expected ? I dont see the logic?
Not! It's broken. I know why but I need to be going for a few hours before I can fix it.

Quote:
@stepk I will give the updated code a read again.

perhaps I am missing the point.
Don't bother, I haven't pushed the updated code, yet - and it's broken anyway. I will fix.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #474
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
Hi guys. I seem to be having a small problem.
KUAL can only be accessed 5 minutes after a restart.
After that, it disappears.
Literally.
Low battery.
When a critically low battery condition occurs, the Kindle un-exports the "real" USB storage area and shows a "fake" one.

Check everything about your re-charging situation (cable, connectors, port and/or wall charger) and then re-charge for at least 20 hours.

The "at least 20 hours" is because that is the default charge curve.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #475
twobob

Talking

Many thanks to the 3 users who were kind enough to donate a total of 20 GBP (in total)

Decided to "put to" and stump up the extra myself to buy...

so a k4 is on the way.

Next up we need a Paperwhite...
At the current rate of donations that will be some time at the end of the year.

Please if you continue to use KUAL and would like to enable us to provide PW support enhancements in the future consider sending donations to kual@null.net via pay-pal.

Details of this and a simple CLICK TO DONATE button can be found in the SUPPORT section on the top post.

Many thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A WORD FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Twobob does not have a Kindle 2, a Kindle 4 or a PaperWhite. Ixtab does not have a DXg. Stepk could no doubt do with at least an extra relevant lower device. To be able to support and develop for these devices effectively is a LOT easier WITH the devices. Serial cables also.

If YOU choose to support this project please consider either donating a small amount to the paypal account kual@null.net. It is not mandatory.

Alternately consider forwarding monies to the http://laosliteracyproject.org/ project. Any excess project funds will be forwarded there anyway. Thanks for listening. Enjoy the Thing!

Last edited by twobob; 02-24-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #476
twobob

More KUAL new Features testing...

Rolled back my changes on the Store Button.

Tested the REPLACE STORE BUTTON button

IS perfect. (swanky icon not included).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_241.png
Views:	453
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	101984   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_244.png
Views:	456
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	101985   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_245.png
Views:	416
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	101986  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #477
twobob

And the other way also tested...

Happy days. works great....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_247.png
Views:	498
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	101987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_248.png
Views:	407
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	101988  
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #478
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Nice. And since it is up to the user do decide which size button to include, might be nice to provide the images in different sizes so they show in native resolution. (e.g. for PW it would be 85x85 px)

Not only to replace icons for changed functionality, but I can see this going to grow into a "custom skin" for the Kindle.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #479
twobob

Okay... so Continuing the 0.4 VERSION OF KUAL testing.

Here is KUAL (WITH A BROKEN CONFIG FILE) so it FAILS-OVER to defaults...

DISPLAYED is a leftover config from the last broken release...
This tested point 2:

Quote:
*2* Tier placement allows me to place the KUAL menu always at the end of the list, and error messages always at the beginning. How to generate an error message? Edit KUAL.cfg and add an invalid option, like -x. Then go KUAL - it won't lock you out
meh... "breaking changes"... : ) lol... (this won't affect end-users, just devs)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_249.png
Views:	370
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	101994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_250.png
Views:	371
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	101995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_251.png
Views:	429
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	101996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_252.png
Views:	356
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	101997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_253.png
Views:	475
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	101998  

Last edited by twobob; 03-03-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: not broken... leftover crap...
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #480
twobob

Okay... so NO CONFIG FILE [pictured]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_254.png
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	101999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_255.png
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	102000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_256.png
Views:	295
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	102001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_257.png
Views:	296
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	102002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_258.png
Views:	346
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	102003  

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified