Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #406
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
created short link for Main thread.

bit.ly/kualit

Not so sure I like that new avatar of yours. Took me two posts to realize it was you. For a second I thought, who is this crazy person posting.

Eventually will get used to it.

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #407
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post

Not so sure I like that new avatar of yours. Took me two posts to realize it was you. For a second I thought, who is this crazy person posting.

Eventually will get used to it.

On this issue... Two (or three) previous twobob's avatars were really creepy for me. I guess, it was Willy Wonka, but it looked for me like disturbing untidy homeless child molester. Overall depressing color theme and psychodelic composition didn't add positive emotions. I've AdBlocked them, deciding it will be a right decision serving both my and twobob's interests.

This new avatar is definitely a progress in more suitable direction. Though, it's noisy.

Thnak you for hearing it out.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #408
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
twobob, two minor issues with your helper extension:
- Delete dangling colon from ALLOW ScreenSaver
- When I use TOGGLE UsbNetworking (well done BTW) I can't see any output from eips 1 38 " USBNETWORKING $DIRECTION CHANGES COMPLETE". I think that niluje's progress strings overwrite it - at least when direction's UP, maybe moving yours to another screen position could help?
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #409
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
- When I use TOGGLE UsbNetworking (well done BTW) I can't see any output from eips 1 38 " USBNETWORKING $DIRECTION CHANGES COMPLETE". I think that niluje's progress strings overwrite it - at least when direction's UP, maybe moving yours to another screen position could help?
sounds like I may have made a slight boob.

about the EIPS. no.. it should be fine there. must have made a bundling mistake as it works on my local copy. am having a look now.

Will check it. was fairly sure I had fixed that up but clearly haven't.

update when I have one

Last edited by twobob; 02-19-2013 at 12:16 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #410
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since the closure of https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/issues/749

I have updated the SUPPORT PAGE to reflect this.

: ) kindlepdfreader on touch devices. so sweet

Last edited by twobob; 02-19-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: fixed link! DUH!
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #411
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
You linked to HUR's support page, did you mean it or should you link to KPDF's support page?
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #412
twobob

Bugger. yes. apologies. will fix that!

EDIT: FIXED https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...40&postcount=5

was also wrong in main index. fixed also.

Last edited by twobob; 02-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #413
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
I'm tinkering around with a script for KUAL. It's a single script that works as a toggle. When the script executes, it copies a different menu.json to replace the existing one, changing the menu name.

My question: Is this okay to do? It seems to work fine but I wasn't sure if there might be any problems doing this.

The reason I'm being ambiguous about what the script does is that DuckieTigger is working on a similar script and I didn't want to step on any toes. I got the idea from a post of his and am basically doing it for my own edification.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #414
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Fixed. both things. one was a packing error - the other I had missed a then; blah; fi If I had a nickel...

double double checked it this time.

UPDATED HELPER PACKAGE AVAILABLE NOW

thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #415
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
I'm tinkering around with a script for KUAL. It's a single script that works as a toggle. When the script executes, it copies a different menu.json to replace the existing one, changing the menu name.

My question: Is this okay to do? It seems to work fine but I wasn't sure if there might be any problems doing this.

The reason I'm being ambiguous about what the script does is that DuckieTigger is working on a similar script and I didn't want to step on any toes. I got the idea from a post of his and am basically doing it for my own edification.
hmm....

should be ZERO problem.
simple as that

I would just point out that a DO-NOT-SUICIDE option is just around the corner....

if you required a menu re-read from a NON-SUICIDED button in the future... that might need some jiggling... nothing I wouldn't be happy to provide of course assuming there is value for everyone in it.

edification - extra points for word usage!

: )
Old 02-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #416
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, twobob. I appreciate the info.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #417
twobob

UPDATED the kindlepdfviewer support page to point to https://code.google.com/p/kindlepdfv...downloads/list

And removed the older build I made.

so that people can grab the latest builds while Touch support is at an alpha/beta stage.

Cheers.

Last edited by twobob; 02-19-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #418
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
@Jimmy-Jim: Knock yourself out. If you get there faster, go ahead. I have not filed a patent on my new hide-font button (if that is what you are after). I am pretty much tied up during the week - sleep/work/sleep/work/sleep/work. Not enough hours in the day to do much developing / testing - even if it is just a button. As for your changing by copying / editing menu.json: Maybe you can do the switch in your script - check out my lightoggle for instance, on how that might be done with the exact same script. If you need comments in it, I am sure I can work something out.

@twobob: a no-suicide-option would be great, especially for little helpers (we got a button for that)
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #419
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post

@twobob: a no-suicide-option would be great, especially for little helpers (we got a button for that)
It's in the pipeline.

Machinations with Knc1 and stepk have taken place over the last few days on this subject.

Also updated SORTING options were mooted.

I agree it rapidly becoming "needed" over "nice to have"

as is the "EXPLODED" or "GROUPED" options for the listings... <-- This is the furthest away.

update when I have one.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #420
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

I recommend using NiLuJe's port of the Font Hack. It does everything this does plus a lot more:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219405

-------------------------------------

I've changed the title of this from Hide Fonts to Font Config. It now includes only one button: Hide Fonts

Purpose: To hide the extra fonts that appear on the Aa menu when USE_ALT_FONTS is present. Refer to:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=424

When Hide Fonts is executed, the following actions take place:
  • The file USE_ALT_FONTS is created if non-existent, allowing custom fonts to be installed.
  • The directory /mnt/us/fonts is created if non-existent.
  • The file /mnt/us/fonts/hidefonts.conf is created and fonts based on the fontlist.txt file are added.
  • The file /mnt/us/fonts/alternate.conf is created if non-existent, and is used for other user font configurations.

Once these files are created, the user is free to edit them at will; use a UNIX-friendly editor. The use of the Font Config KUAL button is no longer necessary to hide additional fonts. However, if you do intend to add or remove hidden fonts with KUAL, ensure other font configurations are added to alternate.conf as hidefonts.conf will be overwritten each time the KUAL button is used.

** Tested on the Kindle Touch 5.3.2 and Paperwhite 5.3.3 **

Instructions:
Spoiler:
Previous users of Hide Fonts or Font Config, remove the hideFonts or fontconfig folder(s) from the extensions folder on your Kindle.

Drag the fontconfig folder from the ZIP archive to the extensions folder.

The file extensions/fontconfig/fontlist/fonts.txt includes all the extra fonts that appear when the USE_ALT_FONTS file is present. All fonts in the list will be hidden. If you need any of those fonts to appear on the Aa dialogue, simply remove them from the list. This list can be edited with any Unix-friendly editor such as Notepad++.

Launch KUAL and select "Font Config : Hide Fonts". A restart is necessary.

If you want to restore the hidden fonts, delete hidefonts.conf from the fonts directory or edit it directly as needed. Also, you can use this button to simply enable the alternate.conf file as explained above. You can use this as a one-shot deal: Install, Hide Fonts, remove from extensions. In the future, whatever configurations you need can be placed in alternate.conf.

Example alternate.conf:
Spoiler:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>

<!-- Change default monospace font -->
  <match target="pattern">
    <test qual="any" name="family"><string>KindleBlackboxC</string></test>
    <edit name="family" mode="assign"><string>DejaVu Sans Mono</string></edit>
  </match>

</fontconfig>

For more information about fontconfig files, see:
http://freedesktop.org/software/font...nfig-user.html

Thanks to DuckieTigger and twobob for suggestions and support.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fontconfig.zip (4.4 KB, 1283 views)

Last edited by JimmyR; 01-13-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Update Instructions

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified