Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #151
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
okay that sounds doable..

will think on it
oohhh, I'd like that! As it is, I have no idea how many hours I'm getting between charges; it's a couple of weeks at least, I do know that.

-becca

eta: by "that" i mean something that would tell me how many hours I've been reading since the last charge.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 03-01-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: clarification
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #152
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
there is a power state that could be observed in /sys if I recall correctly.

so it would really be something like "the amount of time the device has been requested to go into a non-standby state since the last charge"

but to the end-user it would be much the same thing.

Again. as I say... assuming the event could be neatly "watched" this is not a tough thing to write...

the On Screen Display would be the trickiest part I think... a report on demand? or a little OSD overlay... hmm..

anyways. those are my thoughts. this could be done for sure.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #153
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DOS1 just realeased an updated event handler HERE

That could probably do the job
Old 03-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #154
Tracy D.
N00b. Dumb but fearless.
Tracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: K4, Touch, PW
Hey, sorry to drop a question in here ("anyone know of a battery timer app?") and then disappear. I hate people who do that. :-)

@twobob, yes, you understand what I'm asking for. On my various gadgets, I find it more useful to know how long something has actually run, under my specific usage and conditions, than it is to have an estimate of what percentage the battery has been discharged, or an estimate of how much time it *thinks* it has left. I guess I'm a bit of a control freak that way. Unfortunately, I'm not geeky enough to write something myself. Hence the question.

Something that would run under KUAL would be great.
Tracy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #155
twobob

I'm like about 5 projects behind so I cant promise this myself sadly.

but I would happily help along those who would take up the mantel. It's not a tough one to do.

TBH I was hoping to get wxLuaWidgets thingies working to power it... (the readout is actually the real cross platform bugbear in my mind)

however that is still a WIP.. at the "we could do this next" stage...

So IF or when we get that done then I will probably use this as the test app.

Cant say fairer than that : )

Thanks for coming back on this though.
Advert
Old 03-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #156
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am amazed at the battery life of my PaperWhite. I never seem to have to charge it and use it every night.

Compared to my DX which dies in a day unless I turn off 3G.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #157
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
Hi Zimmy. My DX used to go for about 3 or so weeks between charges with 3G turned on. In recent times before I got the PPW it would last two or three days. I turned off 3G and it'd last a couple of weeks.

The DX is nearly 3 years old now, so presumably the battery in it has a finite life. Hopefully I'll get longer service from the PPW. Currently I'm seeing about 2 weeks between charges. However, that's not an issue.

I have a charger connected by the bedside table so it's not a problem to connect it any time I feel like it, to ensure that it's fully charged.
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #158
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
presumably the battery in it has a finite life.
Every battery has a finite life.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #159
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
One question about the paperwhite: Can I use the Kindle Fire 1 charger on it?
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #160
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Does the Fire charge using a micro-USB cable? I don't know on the top of my head, but I assume it does. If so, then yes.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #161
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
One question about the paperwhite: Can I use the Kindle Fire 1 charger on it?
Yes you can. I have used mine before with no problems.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #162
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
Good, my Fire gone kaput and I got a paperwhite.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote