Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #46
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
In the person squished in cardboard episode? How did I miss that?
Maybe because we had two new episodes back to back on successive days. Also I didn't see them advertise that Fry was going to be in it at all.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #47
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Maybe because we had two new episodes back to back on successive days. Also I didn't see them advertise that Fry was going to be in it at all.
There was another episode I missed? Ack stupid tivo!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #48
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

78 (20) "The Cinderella in the Cardboard" April 15, 2009 (Double Episode Week) 4AKY14
79 (21) "Mayhem on the Cross" April 16, 2009 (Double Episode Week) 4AKY15

Fry was in the Cross episode, not the Cardboard episode.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #49
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

At light speed, how long does it take a transmitted TV show to reach down under?
We occasionally get shows "fast-tracked from the US!!!" (they don't put the exclamation marks in, of course, but the voiceover guy is certainly exclamatory enough to warrant them); sometimes even "super fast-tracked". By my calculations this means, respectively, a month after it was aired in the US, and a fortnight after it was aired in the US.

If these phrases aren't mentioned, but instead, in similar exclamatory tones, we get, "First time of Australian television!!! Don't miss a single episode of the new series of...!!!", that means we might finally find out if Gilligan gets off the island.

Apparently light speed is variable south of the equator.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
that means we might finally find out if Gilligan gets off the island.
Gilligan is on the island too? You must have a newer season than I do. I only remember Jack, Kate, Hugo/Hurley, James/Sawyer, Sun, Jin, Ben, Siad, Ana Lisa, Juliet, Michael, Walt and a few other minor ones.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #51
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Gilligan is on the island too? You must have a newer season than I do. I only remember Jack, Kate, Hugo/Hurley, James/Sawyer, Sun, Jin, Ben, Siad, Ana Lisa, Juliet, Michael, Walt and a few other minor ones.
I'm sorry; I'm lost.

Cheers,
Marc ()
Old 04-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #52
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I'm sorry; I'm lost.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #53
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Apparently light speed is variable south of the equator.
North, too, apparently. They take at least as long to reach Denmark, if at all.

My guess is that it is cheaper...
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #54
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
North, too, apparently. They take at least as long to reach Denmark, if at all.

My guess is that it is cheaper...
I think that depends on how crappy the show is. I had a Dutch exchange student a few years back and she could "Jerrrreee! Jerrrrreee!" (Jerry Springer) with the best of them. I didn't have a clue who he was or what she was referring to when she did that.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #55
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
My tivo actually recorded it...and now I'm watching Mr. Fry
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #56
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Me too!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 AM   #57
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Me too!
Me too. [turns from laptop, puts binoculars back up to eyes and looks out of car window and up to Mister Fry's window...]

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #58
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
They are done in advance, but not that far. I recall, when the writers strike happened most shows had between 4-6 episodes left to air.

At light speed, how long does it take a transmitted TV show to reach down under?

BOb
Well, since it's tomorrow there most of the time, I'd say about llama, give or take a wing or three.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #59
sirbruce
Provocateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, since it's tomorrow there most of the time, I'd say about llama, give or take a wing or three.
Ahh, I see you've played Knifey-Spoony before...
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #60
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Ahh, I see you've played Knifey-Spoony before...
"B...E..."

Cheers,
Marc