Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #271
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
My only wish is that Kobo would spend less time implementing features that may or may not be wanted by it's customer base and spend more time fixing known bugs. I certainly understand the want to add new features as it keeps the device growing and interesting, but let's fix what we've got first instead.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #272
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcecreamLtDan View Post
My only wish is that Kobo would spend less time implementing features that may or may not be wanted by it's customer base and spend more time fixing known bugs. I certainly understand the want to add new features as it keeps the device growing and interesting, but let's fix what we've got first instead.
Too true. The situation with covers for side-loaded books on an SD card has a new twist. Instead of showing a low resolution graphic image when in sleep or power-off mode a generic text cover is now displayed. The generic text cover displays the mode, book title and book type. Meanwhile for books opened before version 2.5.2 was implemented still show the problematic low resolution graphic image.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #273
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
Book title on top line when reading MOBI files?

Does the Kobo Aura HD show the book title on the top line when displaing MOBI files?
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #274
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
Does the Kobo Aura HD show the book title on the top line when displaing MOBI files?
I do not own an Aura HD but I've tesed it with a Kobo Touch. I don't think there are differences between the Touch, Glo, Mini or Aura HD.

There is no difference between epub, kepub or mobi. The header and the footer are present.
Which is not really a suprise. Kobo cropped the book frame in the rendering engines to display the headers and footers.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #275
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
The 20% comment was about the top title bar and the bottom page-number/menubar combined.
Ah, I didn't see it presented that way and didn't make the connection. Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Either way, however, "you are willing to lie about it" is a pretty rubbish thing to say, I reckon. How about assuming good faith, and saying "That's not the measurement I'm getting - let's compare?"
This comment I made had nothing to do with the math or percentages but that the other poster was saying i wanted everyone else "to shut up and swallow it." I did change subjects abruptly, perhaps this is the reason for your interpretation.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #276
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Just to add to the Glo info, I have my Aura to hand:
Screen height: 13.8 cm
Menubar: 1.1 cm
Top title bar: 1.1 cm
I will not buy the Aura if they keep up with this crap !
And what would prevent them from putting ads up there in a future firmware ?
Today's firmware may very well be the first step of an aggressive strategy to pollute our eyes and brains.
Let us not forget that in any corporation, stockholders order managers to be as creative as possible in their mandatory quest to extract always more money from their customers...I always expect the worst from Wall Street.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #277
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
I will not buy the Aura if they keep up with this crap !
And what would prevent them from putting ads up there in a future firmware ?
Today's firmware may very well be the first step of an aggressive strategy to pollute our eyes and brains.
Let us not forget that in any corporation, stockholders order managers to be as creative as possible in their mandatory quest to extract always more money from their customers...I always expect the worst from Wall Street.
Freedom of choice = do not buy it.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #278
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
18 pages and no screenshots? Can't be that bad the title bar can it?
Because it is totally self-explanatory.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #279
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Freedom of choice = do not buy it.
If that is your definition of freedom, then you have the limited mind of an obedient customer, not that of a thinking citizen with a philosophical education.
You should stay away from your keyboard for the next decades and read books written by the geniuses of philosophy in silence.
You would be less ridiculous if you admitted to be paid by the Kobo corporation.
How many paid Kobo drones are there on this forum ?
Did anyone try to identify them ?
Marketing is all over blogs and forums. It is a proven fact.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #280
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I am not a lier. You are very well implying that we should stop this, in your eyes, ridiculous complaint (now you are going to answer :"Lier ! I never said it was a ridiculous complaint, I never even implied it!". But. You. Very. Well. Implied. It.).
Like I said, prove it. But then you can't. The repetition of a lie won't magically transform it to the truth. That might work on the internet as a whole, probably not so much around here.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #281
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
If that is your definition of freedom, then you have the limited mind of an obedient customer, not that of a thinking citizen with a philosophical education.
You should stay away from your keyboard for the next decades and read books written by the geniuses of philosophy in silence.
You would be less ridiculous if you admitted to be paid by the Kobo corporation.
Do not put words in my mouth. Freedom of choice includes the choice to buy or not buy a product. I said nothing of the definition of freedom.

>>Paid by the Kobo corporation?<< I got a chuckle from that one. The only Kobo device I own is a Mini and it has never been connected to Kobo.

Your comments are ridiculous, if not moronic.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #282
Lbooker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Do not put words in my mouth. Freedom of choice includes the choice to buy or not buy a product. I said nothing of the definition of freedom.

>>Paid by the Kobo corporation?<< I got a chuckle from that one. The only Kobo device I own is a Mini and it has never been connected to Kobo.

Your comments are ridiculous, if not moronic.
When a firmware limits the freedom of the owners of a device and of its prospective buyers to use this device the way they wanted, those who spin this new limit into a "freedom" are rightly suspected of being paid by the guilty corporation. If your brain spouts this crap out of its own free will, it is even worse.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #283
Anak
Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, not buying is a choice. But if you just bought one…
When Kobo announced the Aura HD I was very unhappy that they didn't release it simultatiously in North America and Europe. I contacted a local book chain (Kobos local partner in The Netherlands, where I live) that sells Kobo readers and they told me that the Aura HD was available from mid-late May.
This weekend I've cancelled my pre order. I'll wait and see how things are panning out. Pro: better resolution. Con: additional header. When added up, I'm not convinced that the outcome is still positive. The outcome may still be slightly positive but not worth to me to pay a top dollar price for.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #284
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
If only this thread could get back to what's wrong (or right) with the 2.5.2 update instead of everyone complaining about each other's viewpoints on what they don't like about the update.

The wasted space bothers some people to the point that they won't update, no matter what other fixes might have been in 2.5.2. We don't like it. Some of us actually hate it to the point of switching reader brands if it's still on Kobo firmware.

Why does that opinion trigger all the negative comments which basically gets down to thinking some of us are too picky and some of us not picky enough? Why even comment on it? Just let people voice their opinions and move on. I think the dead horse has been killed 50x over already in this thread.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #285
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Moderator Notice
The tone of this thread has shown that there are obviously differing viewpoints, and no one is going to persuade the other that they are wrong. If you are unable to remain polite, it is better to refrain from posting anything.

Posting Guidelines

Please acknowledge that views do differ, and move on.

The MobileRead Moderation Team
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote