Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #436
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'll give it a proper test tomorrow (err today lol) on a few devices... K3, Touch, etc... I have no 4 right now... working on that...
I really haven't messed with the fonts on mine since err... well a long time, months... so I'm a bit rusty in the head.

Will update the notes and the main indexes when it is all checked as working 100%

: )
I didn't mean to heap more work upon you, lol. I do appreciate it though.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #437
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
You do know that you will have to change the fonts.txt to include the fonts that need blocked on Kindle Touch. While you are at it, you could call the remove hide script at the beginning of hide, and the alternate.conf will work, and the hide fonts be gone. I will get you later the 3 names on Touch that need to be hid.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #438
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was searching for a list last night but didn't find anything, so that's appreciated.

Quote:
While you are at it, you could call the remove hide script at the beginning of hide, and the alternate.conf will work, and the hide fonts be gone.
Done. Thanks!

Last edited by JimmyR; 02-22-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #439
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
No worries. I WILL get round to it.

but today has been - "challenging"

*makes list*
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #440
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

There's certainly no hurry. Really. My little extension is small potatoes.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #441
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There's certainly no hurry. Really. My little extension is small potatoes.
Ah my favourite type

Last edited by twobob; 02-22-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #442
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Ah my favourite type
You know that mental health professionals recommend that you:
  • Never make an important decision within two years of a significant loss
  • Never post or code anything within 2 days of an indoor, children's play day.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #443
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was searching for a list last night but didn't find anything, so that's appreciated.

Done. Thanks!
Here is the extra fonts you need for KT 5.3.2:
Code:
HeiseiMaruGoth_JIS0213_E
HangulGothicMTC-Medium_E
MHeiGB18030C-Medium_E
MHeiC-Medium-Big5HKSCS_E
Added it to my fonts.txt on my Touch, and it hides the fonts like seen on the attached SC. For convenience my fonts.txt is attached as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hidefontstouch.png
Views:	293
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	101744  
Attached Files
File Type: txt fonts.txt (204 Bytes, 301 views)
Old 02-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #444
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

Thanks for that. I downloaded the 5.3.2 update and discovered those but wasn't sure of the actual family names used. Sure enough, those are the names defined in 48-lab126-local.conf. They must look great displayed in the Aa menu.

Added and updated. Thanks again.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #445
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for that. I downloaded the 5.3.2 update and discovered those but wasn't sure of the actual family names used. Sure enough, those are the names defined in 48-lab126-local.conf. They must look great displayed in the Aa menu.

Added and updated. Thanks again.
Sure, but I don't trust the config files. I got the list out of the running fontconfig with fc-match -s. That are the real names it ends up beeing.

On the Touch you cannot even read them - they got ... at the end.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-22-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #446
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Sure, but I don't trust the config files. I got the list out of the running fontconfig with fc-list. That are the real names it ends up beeing.
I didn't trust them; I was waiting for you to comfirm it. Really appreciate that.

Quote:
On the Touch you cannot even read them - they got ... at the end.
They really went out of their way to simplify the names. Of course, they were probably never intended to be displayed there.
Spoiler:
Code:
    <match target="scan">
       <test name="family" compare="eq">
           <string>HeiseiMaruGoth_JIS0213_E light</string>
       </test>
       <edit name="family" mode="assign">
           <string>HeiseiMaruGoth_JIS0213_E</string>
       </edit>
       <edit name="style" mode="assign">
           <string>Regular</string>
       </edit>
    </match>
Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #447
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You know that mental health professionals recommend that you:
  • Never make an important decision within two years of a significant loss
  • Never post or code anything within 2 days of an indoor, children's play day.
This is so true. Utterly useless here. mental faculties at critically low levels.

Pick this all up in the morning.

Thanks people.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #448
n3rd4i
n3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to behold

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 cooler than 1.0

Hello,
I like the KUAL but i have a question.
Is it possible to have the KUAL ver. 1.0 look like 2.0 ? I dont really like the circles in the menu, the rectangles are more nice...

I have a kindle 3 (keyboard) and its not possible to run 2.0

Please help me with the above issue.
n3rd4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #449
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rd4i View Post
Hello,
I like the KUAL but i have a question.
Is it possible to have the KUAL ver. 1.0 look like 2.0 ? I dont really like the circles in the menu, the rectangles are more nice...

I have a kindle 3 (keyboard) and its not possible to run 2.0

Please help me with the above issue.

hmm.. okay. I will have a dig around at some point. I tend to agree.

I DO recall noting something about button styling "in passing" but that knowledge was listed as "inessential" and appears to have been deleted from my brain.

Thanks for the reminder. there is a new version JUST around the corner... so.. yeah. might make it into there.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #450
n3rd4i
n3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to behold

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
Regardin KUAL also

It is possible to make programs like:
- busybox
- midnight commander (i think this needs busybox)
run on the KUAL ? (i have a K3 keyboard edition)

It whould be really nice since i use the key launcher...

Also, the gameboy emulator does not keep the save as long as you restart the kindle. I've played "Dragon Warrior III" and i lost the save upon restart....
n3rd4i is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified