Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Nook and tags

I have a rooted Nook. I noticed that when I go to SHOW and see my tags that my series title names were showing which was cluttering up my tags section (if there was a way to separate them I wouldn't mind, but I have too many series). I wiped all of my books from my nook, rebooted and refreshed (a hundred times). Then all of my tags are gone. I edited the metatags in my Calibre collection so I have no series listed. I send my books to my nook (via Calibre and manually) and the series tags still show up. I reinstalled Calibre and wiped my nook again to try it yet again, but I still have no luck. I am not sure where these tags are coming from.

Does anybody know how to permanently delete tags and have them not show up in your Nook?
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Ok, so I copied my Calibre library to another folder, then uninstalled calibre and deleted my original folder. When I reinstalled Calibre I added in the old ebooks and my tags that were showing as deleted before came right back again. :/ I just can't seem to get rid of the series tags I had originally entered. It is so frustrating!
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai

Well I just deleted my whole calibre library (thankfully I had less than 50 books on it since I just started using it) and started from scratch. It was a real pain, but at least my organization is how I want it.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
I also have lots of series. What I ended up doing was preceding my tags with a "0 " i.e. "0 Science Fiction". This put all my tags ahead of my series and I could go down to the series if I wanted. It seems to work quite well.........Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Care
Aes Sedai

Thanks for the tip. I thought of doing something like that with [ in front, but thought the list would get too long. I can always do a quick search if I'm looking for a particular series. I just don't understand why calibre wasn't updating my tags.
Advert