Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #376
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Josieb1 - that sounds rather odd. It is all working fine for me. I can only suggest double checking your custom column settings for the plugin to make sure you haven't switched them around. Post a screenshot of the config screen and the output log in a spoiler if you aren't convinced
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #377
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Hi kiwidude

I am not sure how to attach screen shots, sorry, but this is a word count log

Count Page/Word Statistics
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 5997 (Eldritch City)
Found 32862 words
Found 101 pages
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\Users\Jenny\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.8.61_t mp_df3wid\d_bj_p_count_pages\5997.epub
Found HTML cover titlepage.xhtml
Estimated accurate page count
Lines: 2622 Divs: 19 Paras: 21
Accurate count: 84 Fast count: 101
Page count: 101
Word count: 32862

Calibre is showing 101 pages.

The settings for the plug in are:-

Custom column #words (words) (no other option to select)
Algoritum Paragraphs (APNX accurate)

Word Count option #words (words)

Button Option is Estimate Page/word counts

I am not sure what else would help, sorry

I have checked and am running 1.6.2

Thanks

Last edited by Josieb1; 07-20-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #378
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right, so the problem is in your config settings - you have "#words" selected within the Page count options. Change that to the blank option at the top of the combo - you say "no other option to select", but you should have a blank entry at the very top of the list?
Old 07-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #379
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I have a blank option but when I select that I am told I need to specify custom(s) column first, and the only option it will accept is the words option already selected.

I checked Library Preferences and this is what is shown, not sure if this helps
(i wondered why it said version 1.6.1, when the plugins list says I have 1.6.2?)

{
"customColumnPages": "",
"customColumnGunningFog": "",
"algorithmPages": 0,
"customColumnFleschGrade": "",
"customColumnWords": "",
"customColumnFleschReading": "",
"SchemaVersion": 1.61
}
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #380
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Got it, thank you....

I found out the Page Count needed to be blank, with words selected in the Word Count box, sorry, its so obvious now.....

Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #381
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Glad you are sorted out now. And don't worry about what that "schemaVersion" says in comparison to your plugin version. It is just a numbering scheme I use to identify the layout and naming of data stored in those settings. If a new plugin release makes no changes to the settings then the schemaVersion will stay unchanged. It just makes my life easier to write code to deal with all the complexities that exist when a user may not have opened a library for a while but now have a new version of the plugin which is looking for different settings data etc.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #382
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JimmXinu - I think you picked the wrong plugin, as this plugin doesn't use that code. It is however in a file that gets shared with various other plugins and those that have that latest version of it will indeed have that bug which I will fix for their next release, thanks.
Quite right--I was looking at the code for Count Pages. Sorry about that.

FYI, experimenting with it in my own code, it looks like clearing settings data just doesn't work if you don't reboot immediately. Clear, Reboot: data gone. Clear, OK, Quit, restart: data still there.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #383
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

There is a subtle difference. By clicking OK you have now reconfirmed whatever data you had on screen in the dialog. Which will write those values back into the file. The data was cleared, but you just wrote some more back in.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #384
ash600
ash600 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G/Kindle 3
Failed to count statistics

Hello folks!

I'm new here in the forum, but I'm using Calibre for a quite a long time now (and I'm loving it!) however i'm having a little trouble with the Count Pages plugin. The estimation is working fine but whenever I try to download the page count I get this message:

calibre, version 0.8.61
ERREUR : Failed to count statistics: <b>Échoué</b>: Count Page/Word Statistics

Count Page/Word Statistics
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 5515 (Anna and the French Kiss)
Python function terminated unexpectedly
u'PageCount' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 192, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 139, in arbitrary_n
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.jobs", line 76, in do_count_statistics
KeyError: u'PageCount'

I don't know what's wrong, it used to work but now...
I appreciate your help and please bear with me I'm not very good with the code and HTML jargon

Last edited by ash600; 07-25-2012 at 02:50 PM.
ash600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #385
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@ash600 - welcome to MobileRead.

That's an interesting error. Are you able to post the actual log from the job itself, that you get from the Jobs window when you click on the Show Job Details button? Also can you tell me exactly which columns you have chosen to configure (e.g. just Page Count or Word Count as well etc) and which menu option you chose (Estimate Page/Word count or Download Page/Word Count).

My "guess" from seeing that error is that you tried downloading a page count for a book that has a Goodreads ID. But for some reason (which only the Jobs log will hopefully explain) no page count was able to be downloaded from Goodreads. It could just be due to a temporary issue with their website like down for maintenance or whatever.

I've got a fix I can put in the code whch will stop you seeing the error you get, but it is an indication that no page count could be retrieved for that book from Goodreads. So we still need to figure out why that was. If you have the Goodreads Id associated with that book that would help me try to replicate it.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #386
ash600
ash600 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G/Kindle 3
Thank you for the quick replay!

Yes, I posted the log from the Show Job Details button just as it was. Two weeks ago it was working great but now I get this error message. I configured the Page count only and as you guessed I always choose the Download Page/Word Count.

The book has a Goodreads ID (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9608155) and the edition has the pages count.

I truly appreciate your kindness and your quick replay. Thank you very much and I hope I provided you correctly with the information you needed.
ash600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #387
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@kiwidude: I've had the same issues as ash600 since 1.6.x.

The following quick & dirty patch seems to fix it, although you get a successful dialog even when it fails to get a pagecount from Goodreads (the failure is visible in the log/details, and clicking yes effectively does nothing). Since it was good enough for me (and I suck at Python), I haven't looked at it further .

From what I can gather, when running a goodreads download job, book_path is unset (None), but the plugin attempts to use it unconditionally to get the file extension => kablooey.

EDIT: Killed deprecated attachments. Fix merged upstream.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-30-2012 at 03:58 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #388
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@NiLuJe - thanks for the post. Though I already have a patch sorted for it as I mentioned above, I am more intrigued as to "why" it is failing to return a page count.

@ash600 - the log you posted above differs from the one I meant. You posted the log off the plugin's results dialog. I want the log from the Jobs window (Shift+Alt+J) to see if that had any clues. Thanks for the additional info.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #389
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.6.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • If no page count downloaded from goodreads, prevent wrong error appearing in log
  • If book configured for page count only and has no formats, prevent error in log (if downloading from Goodreads)
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #390
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I started a job to run overnight on 1000 books. It's been 9 hours and the job has been stuck at 94% for 3 hours. There are some large books but none are dictionaries . The largest is the calibre user manual which I forgot to exclude.

Is it likely this job will finish running or is it "stuck"? The little wheel still spins and I periodically get a high cpu performance alert. Advice and opinions please.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin