Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Compiling iLiad toolchain for MacOSX

Hi!
Did anybody try it?

I am trying to compile toolchain on Mac, but didn't sucseed.
Code:
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_udivsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_udivsi3.o
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_divsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_divsi3.o
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_umodsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_umodsi3.o
I cannot find, where is the problem. It seems that libraries use hardware floating point operation, but how to force libgcc_s.so.1.tmp to be compiled with hardware FP, I don't know.

Any ideas?
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:30 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov View Post
Hi!
Did anybody try it?

I am trying to compile toolchain on Mac, but didn't sucseed.
Code:
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_udivsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_udivsi3.o
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_divsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_divsi3.o
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_umodsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_umodsi3.o
I cannot find, where is the problem. It seems that libraries use hardware floating point operation, but how to force libgcc_s.so.1.tmp to be compiled with hardware FP, I don't know.

Any ideas?
Have you tried using crosstool? That's the way the unofficial toolchain was created.

Documentation about how it was done is here:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Note...sing_crosstool

Hope it helps.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Thanks. I will try, but not now. For now I've solved problem with remote linux.
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
nathany
Enthusiast
nathany doesn't litternathany doesn't litter

Device: Kobo h2o
I don't have an Iliad atm, but I am interested in what you come up with (beyond a VMware session).
nathany is offline   Reply With Quote