Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2015, 12:55 AM   #511
sp000n
Junior Member
sp000n began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 6
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: Sony PRS 700
Appreciate the replies, BetterRed & Tanjamuse.

Adobe Reader Pro, which I have, lets me extract page(s) but not as JPEG. I worked out a solution automating the Calibre steps with AutoHotkey. I'll post it in the right spot.
sp000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #512
MsBarrows
Junior Member
MsBarrows began at the beginning.
 
MsBarrows's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Device: none
Hi, just had one of those instances where I added a new cover and the next time I went to use the plugin, there was a message about configuration file corruption. I'd previously thought this was tied to using hyphens in the names (and stopped using them, which seemed to stop the corruption from occurring until fairly recently), but this case involved no hyphens, so, as to what happened:

1) Had two epubs selected. Clicked on Generate Cover plugin.
2) Plug-in was on a cover "Bucky Steve 7" I'd created some time ago and had used earlier today to add a cover to a new book in an ongoing series. Cover was set as 500x700 dimensions using a non-stretched image also named "Bucky Steve 7", contents order of title, image, author, series, all text centred
3) On the settings page, clicked "Add Setting" and from that profile created a new one named "Botanical Diaries"
4) Clicked "Add Image To This List" and imported an image also named "Botanical Diaries"
5) On the "Dimensions" tab changed to a stretched image
6) On the "Contents" tab changed order of elements to title, author, image, series
7) On the "Fonts" tab changed the fill colour
8) Changed title and author to right-aligned
9) On the "Dimension" tab I decreased the bottom, left and right margins. NOTE - previously reported error with changes to left margin incorrectly affecting starting placement of right-aligned text is still is effect
10) On the "Fonts" tab adjusted sizes of font
11) Saved and applied the cover
12) Decided to further tweak the cover, clicked on "Generate Cover", corruption error message appeared - details reported that "Bucky Steve 7" had incorrect internal name of "Botanical Diaries" and was being fixed
13) New cover "Botanical Diaries" is still present and looks correct. Previous cover of "Bucky Steve 7" is gone from list entirely and will need to be recreated.
MsBarrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GUI Plugin] Goodreads Sync kiwidude Plugins 713 02-24-2015 11:44 AM
[GUI Plugin] Open With kiwidude Plugins 252 01-14-2015 11:46 PM
[GUI Plugin] User Category kiwidude Plugins 36 10-31-2014 06:08 AM
[GUI Plugin] Quick Preferences kiwidude Plugins 32 09-13-2014 10:34 PM
[GUI Plugin] Clipboard Search kiwidude Plugins 9 08-12-2014 03:36 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.