Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Free Patterson book for the Sony

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/jam...in_FREE_July_1

Haven't seen this posted yet.....

Maximum Ride Book 1
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Nice find! I have some in pbook. Now, I can reread on my Sony!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	max ride 1.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	33092

From the Sony Store ...
Quote:
Characters based on James Patterson's international bestsellers When the Wind Blows and The Lakehouse re-appear in Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment for an action-packed, suspenseful, and humorous adventure.

Fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride, better known as Max, knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and all the members of the "Flock"-Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel-are just like ordinary kids-only they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time-like when Angel, the youngest member of the "Flock," is kidnapped and taken back to the "School" where she and the others were genetically engineered by sinister scientists.

Her friends brave a journey to blazing hot Death Valley, CA, to save Angel, but soon enough, they find themselves in yet another nightmare-this one involving fighting off the half-human, half-wolf "Erasers" in New York City. Whether in the depths Central Park or in the bowels of the Manhattan subway system, Max and her adopted family take the ride of their lives. Along the way Max discovers from her old friend and father-figure Jeb-now her betrayed and greatest enemy--that her purpose is save the world-but can she?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Good books; although some are a bit "meh".. Just finished the series a few weeks ago..
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'm a bit iffy on some of Patterson's books, but seeing as the price is right, I thought I would try it out!

~Jen
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I was actually interested til I read the plot. Ugh.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I might pass on this one. Meh.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I read the series in paper and enjoyed it for what it was. But it's not a series that I look forward to the next release. If I see it, and I don't have too many others in line ahead of it, I might pick it up. Makes me think of a mix of the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew, with a touch of X-Men thrown in.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I might pass on this one. Meh.
You cant beat the price and who knows, you may change your mind later on... May as well buy it and store it for the future
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I picked it up to see if my son might like. After these other comments, we'll see!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
My son liked this series--he was 13 when he started reading it. He isn't a big reader, so I am always happy to find anything that he likes.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Thanks for posting, i'll give it a go seeing as the price is right!
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote