Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Sony Mylo

Has anyone looked at using the Sony Mylo as a reader? I know the color screen kinda defeats the purpose of E-ink but you get alot of the same feature set as the kindle for less money. Just wondering. I also think if you get into this line of thought then the Iphone comes into play and I have read the threads on that.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #2
AdrianWerner
AdrianWerner began at the beginning.

Device: Thinkpad X60t
Wouldn't one of Nokia net tablets be better choice? It's the same type of device, only with bigger and better screen and more user-made software
AdrianWerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 AM   #3
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Has anyone looked at using the Sony Mylo as a reader? I know the color screen kinda defeats the purpose of E-ink but you get alot of the same feature set as the kindle for less money. Just wondering. I also think if you get into this line of thought then the Iphone comes into play and I have read the threads on that.
Using what software to read the books?

The Mylo takes pictures, plays music and video, does internet calling, and surfs the web. There doesn't seem to be an option to install third party software, so even if you put books on an expansion card, there is no way to display them.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
Egghead
Mentat
Egghead has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bookeen Gen3 Cybook
Check out this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7622
Egghead is offline   Reply With Quote