Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #31
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
You can use any Hunspell dictionary. OpenOffice has a large selection. FYI, an .oxt is just a zip archive with the dictionary files inside of it. You just need the .aff and .dic files. Open Sigil's preferences, go to spelling and click the button on the button to open the user dictionary location. Put the .aff and .dic files there then restart Sigil for them to be available for use.
Excellent! I followed these directions, and they worked like a charm. Thanks.
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mncowboy View Post
I have something strange going on. When I am at home, I have 2 additional monitors connected to my laptop. I have the monitors set to extend the desktop, not duplicate. When I was there I opened the meta data window and moved it to a different window.
I am traveling now, and do not have an external monitor to connect to. When I try and view meta data, the window is not visible. It must think that it is still being displayed on another monitor. I can't figure out how to move the window back so it is visible. I have to hit escape to get back to the main application.
Is there a way to get the window moved back, or will I have to connect to an external monitor to move it?
If you're using Linux:
- Open /home/your-user-name/.config/Strahinja Markovic/Sigil.conf with any text editor
- Remove the meta_editor section, it'll look like e.g.:
Code:
[meta_editor]
is_more=true
width=1914
expanded_height=1017
position=@Point(0 16)
- Save the file then start Sigil

If you're using windows you'll need to use the Registry Editor (regedit), IINM; Be very careful when using regedit in windows so as not to screw up the system (it's usually not recommended to use regedit except for advanced users).
Close all instances of Sigil then :
- Press the Win + R buttons to open the Run dialogue
- Type regedit then press Enter
- Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Strahinja Markovic\Sigil
- Right click the meta_editor directory in the tree and select Delete

Then start Sigil as usual.
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #33
Timur
Connoisseur
Timur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five words

Device: EBW1150, Nook STR
Quote:
I'm using Hunspell for spell check and this is a short coming of the dictionary ghostyjack is using. Basically he's using one without unicode support. The fix is to use a different dictionary that knows that a curly quote is the same as a straight quote.
Great work on the new Sigil, thank you.

I am using a unicode-enabled UK dictionary, and it is working great with curly quotes. But the user dictionary is behaving strange; when I add a word(using context menu) with curly quote to it, spell checker still shows error on the added word. When I change the curly quote in the user dictionary to straight quote, then it is showing the word with the curly quote as correct.

I think that's because there is an
Code:
ICONV ’ '
line in my en_GB.aff dictionary to make the map from curly to straight working(regular dictionary entries use straight quotes), but since the user dictionary gets the word already in curly quote, it causes mismatch with the converted quote when checking.
Timur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #34
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Hmm, after a quick glance on linux with KDE desktop I notice that dragging files in the book browser now works (without tweaks) with KDE 4.6.5 + QT 4.7.2, and KDE 4.7.2 + QT 4.7.2, so that's a great improvement.

OTOH, the combinations KDE 4.6.5 + QT 4.7.3 and KDE 4.7.2 + QT 4.7.4, not so much.

Also, thanks for making the "rename file" action preserve the file extension by default (i.e. filename selected up to but not including the last dot). That saves me many many keystrokes!
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #35
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
It's exactly the same editor. The only difference is spell check is not enabled for OPF files.
Well, it certainly does not act and perform the same.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
I thought the F&R count was not persistent but I was wrong. It's just to dim to read.

Regards- John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #37
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I thought the F&R count was not persistent but I was wrong. It's just to dim to read.
I thought I had changed this but it looks like I forgot to get it in for 0.5. Just fo you I'm going to change it to be bold for 15 seconds then unbold and stay there.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #38
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
Ahmad: - Thanks, that worked!
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #39
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I thought I had changed this but it looks like I forgot to get it in for 0.5. Just fo you I'm going to change it to be bold for 15 seconds then unbold and stay there.
Actually, this behavior is already in my version which I installed last weekend... So I think it is already changed.

There is something strange. I don't get a count with my localization. The number of replaces is displayed as $1. I looked in transifex to see if I made an error in the translation, but I cannot find the text string.

Otherwise, there still seems to be crashes in the S&R especially when the source document is large. Maybe a memory problem, because it is not repeatable.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #40
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Continuing My Thanks ...

Dear user_none,

Thanks for making Sigil work. I just finished putting together an outline with 1,657 entries. I created all the tags from macros in another program then pasted the result into Sigil. I knew it wasn't perfect, but I was hoping to save time. Sigil fixed all my incorrect header tags without a problem. The result was perfect. I am giddy with happiness. Thank you, thank you.

Fabe

P.S. This is not a complaint or a request to fix anything, because I think it is a Macintosh thing, but Sigil, especially the Find & Replace window, is hyper-sensitive to my track-pad mouse. The most gentle touch causes items in Find or Replace to scroll through all the possibilities, leaving something unexpected in the window. This is giving me the opportunity to be more gentle with the mouse. Hosanna.
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #41
mtrahan
Colonel Mustard
mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPhone 6, Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad 2
I seem to be having some problem with find/replace... For example, when I'm cleaning an ePub output by InDesign, I want to remove all the 'xml:lang="fr-ca"' added by ID, so I do a simple find/replace on all files and Sigil will tell me the job is done when I still see some occurences right in front of my eyes on the open file, occurences that Sigil doesn't find.

If I then open another file and do the global find/replace again, it will finally find the first missed occurences. It is a strange issue that happens regularly but not all the time, I don't know how to replicate it exactly, and I'm not that sure what I'm trying to explain is very clear.

Has anyone encountered this problem? It's quite annoying because some time I think I have fixed all the non-breaking spaces and things like that and I start reading the book and find that Sigil has not replaced all occurences...

Oh, and I had the same problem with 0.4.2 so maybe this is not the good place to post this...

Thanks in advance for any help,
mtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #42
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
You need to make sure that your cursor is at the start of the file (i.e earlier than the match), for some or other reason it was decided that it should take cursor placement into consideration for the 'all' operations, I don't quite get it myself.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #43
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
You need to make sure that your cursor is at the start of the file (i.e earlier than the match), for some or other reason it was decided that it should take cursor placement into consideration for the 'all' operations, I don't quite get it myself.
Yeah, I think this might have to with why you can't cycle through a multipage search by hitting enter anymore, too.

Also, any word on which American & UK dictionaries are compliant with the use of hyphens, apostrophes, and en/em dashes?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #44
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just gave Sigil 0.5 a quick whirl this morning, in particular to see how the spellchecker would work at addressing a number of editing problems with a book I am currently reading. +1 on the curiosity over what workarounds there are for the smart apostrophes etc thing? I thought perhaps as a workaround I could add the combined word to the dictionary, but that seems to do nothing? Words separated by that 3 dot ellipsis character also fell into the category mentioned by ElMiko.

Another suggestion/request - any chance of an "Ignore" (effectively "Ignore All") option for the spellchecker right-click menu? Many times there will be words flagged for a particular book occur an immense number of times, but you dont want them in your dictionary when you open Sigil with a different book. Would it not be useful to have the ability via an "Ignore" option if they were in some kind of "in memory" dictionary that got thrown away as soon as Sigil was closed?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #45
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Thanks - the current 5 seconds is not long enough.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote