Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
MONDAY the 14th

My new Kindle DX arrives!
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Congratulations!

Post your thoughts on it after you play with it for a few days, please.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Congratulations!

Post your thoughts on it after you play with it for a few days, please.

Don
Awesome - I loaded up my law books I scanned in (I own a paper version fair use) they look awesome - I cropped out all the margins and I dare say they look almost the same size as the printed page - simply fantastic! - 12 books 1.8 gigs of pdf's the only problem is with the one that I scanned in color instead of black and white - some of the pages wont render but all the other ones are perfect (I won’t be scanning in color anymore) the black and white ones look gorgeous

I'll Post some pictures later
Old 09-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
the only problem is with the one that I scanned in color instead of black and white - some of the pages wont render but all the other ones are perfect (I won’t be scanning in color anymore)
FYI, if you have Acrobat Pro you can "Convert Colors" and change the images to grayscale. Don't know if it'll solve the problem, but might be worth a try.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FYI, if you have Acrobat Pro you can "Convert Colors" and change the images to grayscale. Don't know if it'll solve the problem, but might be worth a try.
turns into a big black blob of text
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
wait i have not tried that yet - what would you choose in the the conversion profile to convert to black and white

Last edited by davidspitzer; 09-15-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Another option is to open the color document in Adobe READER on your PC, and then print from there. In the Acrobat printer dialogue, select the black & white profile and see if the result is acceptable. Most of the time it will be.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
wait i have not tried that yet - what would you choose in the the conversion profile to convert to black and white
I'm not at a computer with Acrobat Pro right now, but there should be options like gray gamma 1.8 and gray gamma 2.0. The print to method Elsi mentioned also works sometimes, but it depends on how the images were made/saved.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote