Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #46
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
You're out of luck! Canada has no colonies...not part of our national psyche...
You obviously haven't been to Arizona!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #47
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Hi NNolan,

It was a private transaction with a fellow board member who happens to be a Canadian Citizen

If they are viewing this thread, maybe they will PM you and offer to do the same for you if you have not already ordered yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
If you don't mind my asking, tnforpaul45, who did you order it from, when did you order it, and what type of shipping did you ask for? I'm trying to figure out if my Glo order from shopereaders.com is really going to take 3+ weeks to get to upstate New York.
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #48
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
But I have...many times! As well as Florida! Very popular for the warm weather but culturally enormously different regardless of the number of vacationing Canadians.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 10-21-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #49
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnforpaul45 View Post
Hi NNolan,

It was a private transaction with a fellow board member who happens to be a Canadian Citizen

If they are viewing this thread, maybe they will PM you and offer to do the same for you if you have not already ordered yet.
I ordered yesterday from shopereaders.com. I'll give it a week or so and see how they do.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #50
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have no fear: It'll get here!

Quote:
I ordered yesterday from shopereaders.com. I'll give it a week or so and see how they do.
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #51
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
The inability of American customers to get their hands on a Kobo Glo is starting to rise almost to the level of an international incident.

Meanwhile, thanks to a very kindly Forum member, mine is on its way to Alabama

Thank you!
You're welcome. And have you got it yet? It should be any day now, if not.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #52
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you don't mind my asking, tnforpaul45, who did you order it from, when did you order it, and what type of shipping did you ask for? I'm trying to figure out if my Glo order from shopereaders.com is really going to take 3+ weeks to get to upstate New York.
I am the guilty party. I shipped it via Canada Post for about $25 (including $100 insurance and padded mailer) with expected delivery within 4-10 days.

Mods: I am not running a business, I just did a favour for another forum netizen. Not only am I not engaging in a commercial activity, I actually lost a dollar or two because I neglected to account for PayPal fees when costing it all out.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #53
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Kobo is retaliating? Kobo is taking advantage of Amazon not doing early release in Canada to get maximum sales in their best market Canada. All companies must do what will keep them profitable.
They're doing more than that. The Glo was for sale day 1 in the UK, and in France, as well. By doing so they've accomplished three things:

- they've supported their largest market (Canada),

- they've shored up recent success in France (where they've enjoyed 50% marketshare recently)

- they've managed to beat both Nook and Amazon to the punch in the UK (the only country on Earth where all three major front-lit e-readers are all slated to be released)

Not bad for the underdog, I dare say.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #54
toolio
Enthusiast
toolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader/IPAQ 210/Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
LOL (With these additional words because the forum tells me LOL is too short to post)
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #55
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Shopereaders charged my credit card today; I hope that means they will be shipping a Kobo to me this week.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #56
tnforpaul45
Zealot

Many thanks to scrapking for doing this for me! I really do appreciate it. Now, if US Customs would just release my Glo. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
I am the guilty party. I shipped it via Canada Post for about $25 (including $100 insurance and padded mailer) with expected delivery within 4-10 days.

Mods: I am not running a business, I just did a favour for another forum netizen. Not only am I not engaging in a commercial activity, I actually lost a dollar or two because I neglected to account for PayPal fees when costing it all out.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #57
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
MDK, it has been years since I saw that movie. Thank you for posting that clip. Oh I've not laughed that hard in weeks
Me too, but I have to say I've never in my life (other than in spoofs) heard someone say "aboot" instead of "about", 'eh' on the other hand I hear all the time from displaced easterners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnforpaul45
Now, if US Customs would just release my Glo. . . .
Just hope it isn't like an item I brought in from Hong Kong a year or so ago, 5 days to hit Vancouver, then a month and a half before it cleared customs (Well 41 days actually, I think they were on a work to rule campaign, I phoned Canada Post after 3 weeks and was told that customs had a 'backlog')
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #58
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
It appears independent books stores will be getting stock soon in the U.S.

I read in another post where a member said his local independent was expecting stock next week. So, I called a local independent in St. Louis - 'Subterranean Books' and I was told, "Yes they plan to carry them and were expecting stock in the next week or two".

So, I think we can expect U.S. sitings soon.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #59
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
They're doing more than that. The Glo was for sale day 1 in the UK, and in France, as well. By doing so they've accomplished three things:

- they've supported their largest market (Canada),

- they've shored up recent success in France (where they've enjoyed 50% marketshare recently)

- they've managed to beat both Nook and Amazon to the punch in the UK (the only country on Earth where all three major front-lit e-readers are all slated to be released)

Not bad for the underdog, I dare say.

Was it for sale by mistake? Or was it a marketing ploy type of thing?

Never mind--I read that as "for sale for one day" not from day one. Whoops. Sorry, my bad.

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 10-24-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Because I can't read, apparently.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #60
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
It appears independent books stores will be getting stock soon in the U.S.

I read in another post where a member said his local independent was expecting stock next week. So, I called a local independent in St. Louis - 'Subterranean Books' and I was told, "Yes they plan to carry them and were expecting stock in the next week or two".

So, I think we can expect U.S. sitings soon.
Really? That's fantastic news. Not only does that mean that Americans can get the Glo if they wish, it'll (through forums like these and word of mouth) drive traffic to local independents which is always nice to see.