Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #76
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Sure hope Amazon fixes this. It is a pain.

Carol
It sure is! *sigh* It makes me want to go back to Mantano but that would take more work for me to remember where I was in my books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot to mention you must open each sideloaded book so the carousel cover is generated before you add the pdoc or you get a white cover.
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #78
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I forgot to mention you must open each sideloaded book so the carousel cover is generated before you add the pdoc or you get a white cover.
I should have mentioned this (in the other thread) when I discovered the fix. However, it is somewhat obvious.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #79
mkgtu
Zealot
mkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolate

Device: Currently:Voyage, Oasis 3, Kindle mobile apps, andKindle Fire
I tried hn333's "de-registering" suggestion. Unfortunately when I re-registered, all the "favorites" were gone. Had to redo that whole thing. Also all Amazon books were removed from the Fire. Of course, they are still in the "cloud archive" but needed to be re-downloaded. Sure enough there was cover art. But the solution seems a bit draconian.
mkgtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #80
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
There is a newer fix in the firmware 6.3 thread that works without clearing the data. You first side load the book then send it as a pdoc and both covers will work. Apk found out you can get sideloaded books to show up by force closing the Kindle app so there is no need to restart the Fire each time now.
OK. This is not working either for me. I Side loaded a couple of books with the USB cord. Opened the books, then closed them. Emailed the books to my Fire. The covers show up in the Docs folder/shelves, but not on the Carousel.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #81
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
No I meant if I disregister will it reset the Carousel to default having my entire Amazon 2000+ books show back up. When I did a factory reset the other day that took forever to remove them all from the carousel. I never want to do it again if I don't have to.
I believe it will and that I'm sure that was a PIA the first time around. I know just clearing 200 or so from the carousel was too much work.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #82
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
I believe it will and that I'm sure that was a PIA the first time around. I know just clearing 200 or so from the carousel was too much work.
Let's just say my fingers were numb from all the work after I finished. It easier to just clear the Kindle data late at night.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #83
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Does anyone still have issues with this?

I ask because, suddenly, I do not have issues. All the covers are showing in my Docs tab.

The only thing I did differently, was install the Book Collection app that the Kindle Fire Dept was selling last week. I am one of the people that didn't have problems with crashing, etc. (The app is not for sale at this time).

So I don't know if it has to do with that app being on my Fire, or if Amazon fixed the issue of personal doc covers. What is others' status these days?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #84
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Does anyone still have issues with this?

I ask because, suddenly, I do not have issues. All the covers are showing in my Docs tab.

The only thing I did differently, was install the Book Collection app that the Kindle Fire Dept was selling last week. I am one of the people that didn't have problems with crashing, etc. (The app is not for sale at this time).

So I don't know if it has to do with that app being on my Fire, or if Amazon fixed the issue of personal doc covers. What is others' status these days?
Was this an app from Amazon?

Carol
Old 07-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #85
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes Carol, it was being sold by a company calling themselves the Kindle Fire Dept. You can read about it here but it was pulled by Amazon so they could fix it. Lots of people were having problems with it crashing. I didn't have any problems, though the app is probably not exactly what people were hoping for.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #86
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I still have problems but not with covers on the docs tab they all show as long as I send the book to the Fire. Only the carousel is showing white covers. I still have to clear the kindle data then sync twice and then restart to get them all to show up.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #87
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
I still have problems but not with covers on the docs tab they all show as long as I send the book to the Fire. Only the carousel is showing white covers. I still have to clear the kindle data then sync twice and then restart to get them all to show up.
Mine don't show up on the Carousel either.

Carol
Old 08-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #88
spamminator
spamminator began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
So is this a lost cause? Can I not get covers on books emailed to my personal documents account?
spamminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #89
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamminator View Post
So is this a lost cause? Can I not get covers on books emailed to my personal documents account?
Not a lost cause you just got to work a little. You will need to clear the Kindle's app data each time to get the covers to generate.

Here's how I do it:

Remove White Cover books from Carousel.
Turn Wifi On
Clear Data on the Kindle App
Wait for it to finish Syncing entire Kindle Library.
Hit the Sync button twice
Restart the Fire to get books to show back up on Carrousel.
This works every time for me.

A New fix has been discovered that should work for new books.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-28-2012 at 11:43 PM.