Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
New Amazon Promo: 100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less

It's the new Amazon Promo:

100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less as selected by their editors

Quote:
Looking for great books at a low price? Browse the newest section of our store--100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less--a diverse selection of deals hand-selected by our editors each month. Shop soon... These deals will expire on September 30, 2011.
Some of the selections (via the Kindle editors blog)

Shanghai Girls: A Novel ($3.99) by Lisa See
The Black Ice (Harry Bosch) ($1.99) by Michael Connelly
Feed ($1.99) by M. T. Anderson
Dillinger ($1.99) by Jack Higgins

Last edited by arcadata; 09-01-2011 at 09:28 AM.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Wait_For_It
Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
Make sure you download Feed! It's really good.
Wait_For_It is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Haven't read this one. Feed by Mira Grant is pretty good (but no longer on sale).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Spellsinger by Alan Dean Foster is a pretty good book, but I've read it already. Otherwise, there isn't much of interest for me.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
I've just skimmed the list, and there's nothing there that I want... Too bad
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Really appreciate the link...I found several to add to my library. B&N is matching a few, too.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Black Ice by Michael Connelly is in the list $1.99 B&N are also matching it, this is the second in the Harry Bosch series. The first was on sale a few months ago for 99c and I have just finished reading it so excellent timing
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I picked up Confessions of a Teen Sleuth, by Chelsea Cain--BN matched the $2.99 price. This is a Nancy Drew parody that has been on my want list for ages.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I liked "Real Food" by Nina Planck. Picked it up so I can ditch my paper copy. Thank you!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I highly recommend Jar City. Actually, the movie's pretty good too.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #11
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Pretty slim pickings, and some are agency books so will be available at the same price at the other stores, but I found 3 of interest:

I got Jar City, also. I was happy to see this as it is the first in Arnaldur Indriason's Reykjavík series, and I have some of the other books in the series but was waiting for this one to come down in price before reading those.

Quote:
Product Description
From Gold Dagger Award--winning author Arnaldur Indridason comes a Reykjavík thriller introducing Inspector Erlendur

When a lonely old man is found dead in his Reykjavík flat, the only clues are a cryptic note left by the killer and a photograph of a young girl's grave. Inspector Erlendur discovers that many years ago the victim was accused, but not convicted, of an unsolved crime, a rape. Did the old man's past come back to haunt him? As Erlendur reopens this very cold case, he follows a trail of unusual forensic evidence, uncovering secrets that are much larger than the murder of one old man.

An international sensation, the Inspector Erlendur series has sold more than two million copies worldwide.
Also got Grey Mask for $1.99 by Patricia Wentworth, the first in her Miss Silver series, and recommended by poohbear in another thread.

Quote:
Product Description
The first of the classic mysteries featuring governess-turned-detective Miss Silver, who investigates a deadly conspiratorial ring.

Charles Moray has come home to England to collect his inheritance. After four years wandering the jungles of India and South America, the hardy young man returns to the manor of his birth, where generations of Morays have lived and died. Strangely, he finds the house unlocked, and sees a light on in one of its abandoned rooms. Eavesdropping, he learns of a conspiracy to commit a fearsome crime.

Never one for the heroic, Charles’s first instinct is to let the police settle it. But then he hears her voice. Margaret, his long lost love, is part of the gang. To unravel their diabolical plot, he contacts Miss Silver, a onetime governess who applies her reason to solve crimes and face the dangers of London’s underworld.
I'm also looking at Don't Believe Your Lying Eyes for $3.99 by Blair S. Walker, the third in his Darryl Billups series. The first two were just on sale so I'm going to read those before I decide whether or not to get this one.

Quote:
Product Description
Don’t Believe Your Lying Eyes is the third outing for intrepid African-American newspaper reporter Darryl Billups, whose previous escapades found him foiling a domestic terrorism plot and unmasking a cunning serial killer. In what just may be his biggest story yet, Darryl is called to cover a multiple homicide at a Baltimore storage facility. Authorities suspect the carnage is somehow linked to the contents of storage unit 25, where a young woman’s mummified body—clad in bloodstained lingerie and opulent platinum-and-diamond jewelry—was recently discovered. The fact that someone was willing to risk the lives of five innocent people following the corpse’s discovery tells Darryl that he’s on to something big—and that’s before the body mysteriously disappears from the medical examiner’s office. Determined to find the truth, he joins forces with a hard-nosed female detective. Together they uncover a decades-old rivalry that reaches the highest levels of Baltimore politics. Novelist Blair S. Walker has been praised by USA Today for his “keen knack for entertaining,” and Don’t Believe Your Lying Eyes doesn’t disappoint!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote