Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
reedreader
reedreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 602
Screen stuck on bookland

I removed many of the free books from my Pocketbook 602. I can turn the reader off and on but the screen will go past the bookland greeting opening page. I cannot get to the home page. Any ideas on what is going on or do I have to be extremely patient because I remove 800 book and it is still thinking?
reedreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Have you tried a reset? I don't have a 602, so I don't know exactly where it's located, but there should be a little reset hole on the back somewhere that you stick a paperclip into for a couple of seconds. It doesn't sound like you've had a chance to add anything yet, so no backup would be necessary. But if I'm wrong, and you have added anything, do back up to your PC first.

Removing all the books in languages you don't read should not cause any major holdups or booting problems.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 05:15 AM   #3
eskimo
eskimo began at the beginning.

Device: 602
Hi reedreader

I had the same problem after doing following steps:
- deleting books in languages that I cannot read
- add a lot of new books
- upgrade to Firmware2.0.2

After some trials to reset and new upgrade etc. I called the service center whre they told me to send the pocketbook to repair.
One Month later I hold it now in my hands again and the same things (except upgrade now to 2.0.3) works now.
eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
reedreader

I did get it to work finally. I was trying to get all the extra books off but found that I did not get them completely removed. I plugged it into the computer and opened it there. I had to go through all the folders and remove all files associated with the books I had removed, including cover image files.

It works now.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
reedreader

Removing extra books

I forgot to add, what really seemed to make the reader work is removing the books from ADE. I opened it on the computer and found all books I had removed from the reader while it was connected to the computer still showed in ADE. The books all had an error next to them. I selected all those books in ADE and deleted them there.
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedreader View Post
I forgot to add, what really seemed to make the reader work is removing the books from ADE. I opened it on the computer and found all books I had removed from the reader while it was connected to the computer still showed in ADE. The books all had an error next to them. I selected all those books in ADE and deleted them there.
Try removing and adding books (at least the ones without DRM) via Calibre, works much better than ADE, and if your reader gets stuck after big changes remove the SD-Card (if you have one, strongly recommendet) restart and shut down, insert SD-Card, restart again, give it some time and try entering the Library via Favorites, even if you have none. May take some minutes but eventually it will work.
Library is not a simple file-list but a Database that needs some time to get reorganized.

Have fun while
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote