Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
ciscopixie
Enthusiast
ciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Aura HD, iPhone SE
Angry Glo Won't Update?

Hello!

I have searched most of the Glo threads and a couple of others, but cannot seem to find anyone with the same issue. My Glo is running 2.4.0, but won't update to 2.5.0 or 2.5.1.

I've tried to update using sync and Kobo Desktop.. both say that there's no update odd considering I bought my father a Mini a few days ago and it updated to 2.5.1 Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance
ciscopixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Check this thread starting at Post #38 and see if the instructions there don't get your Glo updated. It worked for me.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
ciscopixie
Enthusiast
ciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Check this thread starting at Post #38 and see if the instructions there don't get your Glo updated. It worked for me.
Thanks I was on that thread too, but alas, I don't even have the update in the Kobo folder.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Try downloading the update directly to your PC then, unzip it and copy it over to your Kobo Glo. The bottom of Post #1 in this thread has the link to 2.5.1 for the Glo. When you disconnect from the USB cable then, it should force the update.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Maybe it's a New Zealand issue?

I finally decided it was time to update my Glo today (I wanted to wait till Calibre support was present etc). First I tried plugging it into Kobo Desktop and let it do its syncing stuff. No sign of a new firmware there.

Then I tried doing a sync over WiFi. No sign of a new update then either.

EDIT: Funny enough, I was just about to start a new thread about this very issue, and then I saw this thread and the symptoms matched. Then I saw your location was NZ, and I wonder if we both have a particular batch that hasn't received the update?

Last edited by sherman; 05-05-2013 at 12:00 AM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Maybe it's a New Zealand issue?
I gave up waiting for my Glo to update and sideloaded the new firmware instead, but I have seen posts from others in NZ who got the update.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #7
ciscopixie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I gave up waiting for my Glo to update and sideloaded the new firmware instead, but I have seen posts from others in NZ who got the update.
I'll be side-loading the firmware once my ereader has all my books back on it thought it might update if I factory reset it, but no... it refused.

Tags
glo, update