Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-23-2023, 11:40 AM   #1
hihohahi
hihohahi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Concat 2 xpath results

Hello,

My start of my chapter looks like this. This I cannot change.
<p class="Chapter">Chapter 1 </p>
<p class="ChapterName">ABCDEF</p>

And when I make the TOC, I can only match one of them and have to fill the other by hand.
This has bugged me for a long time. Is there a way to concatenate the results from 2 xpath?

I want something like this
concat(//*[contains(@class, 'Chapter')], //*[contains(@class, 'ChapterName')])
would return No items found: No items were found that could be added to the Table of Contents.

Thanks so much for reading.
hihohahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:00 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For the most part when I see chapter headers using p tags, I would create a hidden header item using regex and then create the ToC from the header tags.

source: <p class="chapter">(.*?)</p> <p class="ChapterName">(.*?)</p>

dest: <h3 class="hidden" title="\1: \2">\1: \2</h3> <p class="chapter">\1</p> <p class="ChapterName">\2</p>

<h3 class="hidden" title="Chapter 1: ABCDEF">Chapter 1: ABCDEF</h3>
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2023, 01:00 PM   #3
hihohahi
hihohahi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For the most part when I see chapter headers using p tags, I would create a hidden header item using regex and then create the ToC from the header tags.

source: <p class="chapter">(.*?)</p> <p class="ChapterName">(.*?)</p>

dest: <h3 class="hidden" title="\1: \2">\1: \2</h3> <p class="chapter">\1</p> <p class="ChapterName">\2</p>

<h3 class="hidden" title="Chapter 1: ABCDEF">Chapter 1: ABCDEF</h3>
Thank you! this works!
hihohahi is offline   Reply With Quote