Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
ac9ts
Enthusiast
ac9ts began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Unhappy New Jetbook Hangs

I just received my Jetbook and am having an issue whuch I hope is easily fixed. I loaded a couple of books I had (one mobi and one prc) and started playing around with the device. From the home screen, when I press the down arrow, nothing changes except the LED goes on steady, blinks off for a split second then goes steady again. It just continues in this manner. I have tried re-flashing the version G firmware fromt he website but it does the same thing. Is there a way to clear everything and start over like a hard reset? What is going on with the LED?

Thanks,

Tom
ac9ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:36 AM   #2
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Are you using a SD card or the internal memory ?

What does the directory structure look like ? How many levels ?
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
Tom,I don't have a clear solution for you but want to offer moral support.I've had my jetbook since April and I love it but it is one quirky device.Some days it's slower than molasses and the next day it travels at the speed of light,it works better with an sd card but has a fit if the card is taken out and put back in.You'll get lots of great help from this forum and soon you will get to know what your jetbook likes and dislikes.I haven't wanted to stick mine in the microwave for some time now.Good luck,you are not alone.
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
adreamer
adreamer began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2, Paperwhite 2
Check for buttons

I also have a new jetBook (Lite) and faced a similar problem. My issue was with the buttons (right hand side buttons). Button 0 was flimsy and when pressed, it just locked at the pressed position, which forced jetBook to keep on reading (no idea on what was going on). During restarting, sometimes it hung too. Just restored the button to normal position and then it worked fine.
adreamer is offline   Reply With Quote