Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
mcky
mcky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600RC
Saving Contact Information to device (PRS 600)

I have just found out that I am unable to save my contact information to the device in case its lost or stolen.
I was searching on the device and no luck, talk with support via Chat and she advise me the capability is not available for this current model or any current devices.
I was referred to contact Carrie Merzbacher @ 858-942-2897 and make a suggestion for the addition.

For all who would like this capability please join with me (call) and make a request for the addition to the device software.
mcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Why not make a Text Note? It would still be up to a person who finds it to decide whether to return or not.

Last edited by Seventh Son; 09-14-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcky View Post
I have just found out that I am unable to save my contact information to the device in case its lost or stolen.
I was searching on the device and no luck, talk with support via Chat and she advise me the capability is not available for this current model or any current devices.
I was referred to contact Carrie Merzbacher @ 858-942-2897 and make a suggestion for the addition.

For all who would like this capability please join with me (call) and make a request for the addition to the device software.
Did you really think this "feature" all the way through? How will you prevent anyone that steals your device from just changing that info? And if by per chance you sell the device somewhere down the road. How will that person be able to update the info to reflect the new owners info in an easy way?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
mcky
mcky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Did you really think this "feature" all the way through? How will you prevent anyone that steals your device from just changing that info? And if by per chance you sell the device somewhere down the road. How will that person be able to update the info to reflect the new owners info in an easy way?
Well if you are selling u can always delete your information. There are still honest people out there who would return (or make an effort) the device if found.
mcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I've mentioned on here before that I took a picture of me, used a simple editor to add my name and phone numbers to it, and stored the picture on the device. The picture cannot be deleted from the reader without the pc software, so someone couldn't pick it up and quickly delete my info. An honest person could find the picture and use the info to call me and the picture to identify me. I could also tell someone in "lost and found" how to find the picture and positively prove the reader was mine.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
Why not make a Text Note? It would still be up to a person who finds it to decide whether to return or not.
Ditto. Make a text note called 1.Owner Info (The number '1' puts it at the beginning of your book list).

Put your contact info in the note and mention reward for return.

What could be simpler?

*edit* Picture idea sounds even better
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote