Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #16
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Tad behind the 8 ball when it comes to xmas shopping.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #17
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Was at my moms for the holiday and stayed there while my brother, who takes it quite seriously made his plans, studied the sales papers, planned his route, and, in general put way too much effort into it.

Has anyone else noticed though, that the sales keep starting earlier and earlier and run longer and longer now? Pretty soon it will black weekend, and it'll start on the Wednesday before!
You say that like it is a bad thing.

I got a Garmin GPS with 5 inch screen for Tim.

And today is Cyber Monday, better than Black Friday, because you can do it while snuggled in your jammies under a blanket on the sofa.

DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I love the rush of the crowd and the fighting and the craziness and the all around good time.

It is crazy fun. Beats a lousy night indoors any day.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #19
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I love the crazy also. Tim and I used to camp outside the stores. But it has been too scary and dangerous since I lost my eyes. I would be trampled!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #20
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I love the rush of the crowd and the fighting and the craziness and the all around good time.

It is crazy fun. Beats a lousy night indoors any day.
What did you get?
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #21
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
2 dollar DVDs...a truckload.

Well worth fighting for. I love this season.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #22
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I only went to one place this year...

WALMART!!!

I purchased some stupid digital picture frame for my wife (not as a gift).

I also took advantage of their 2 and 5 dollar DVD sale. I must have purchased around 70 of them total.

As I left the store around 1:30 AM some security dude at the front door checked my receipt and I shouted out "dont touch my junk."

What a great night.

------------

Anyone besides me get any good deals this black friday???

I miss having a Walmart nearby. I'll have to talk my mum into picking me up some stuff when boxing day comes around, there are rarely any good sales over here.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #23
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
No Black Friday in The Netherlands, as Christmas wasn't a gift-giving tradition, until a few years ago. Our family goes for St Nicolas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

I bought all my gifts for St Nicolas on 5 december; for us and the neighbors and their 3 girls….that was the easy part, as we had agreed not to spend more than $40 per person.
For the neighbors we'll put the presents in a jute bag; bang hard on their door and run away so they won't see who brought the gift.

Now the difficult one:
Each gift has to be accompanied by a poem: preferably a long one, mentioning the weak and strong points of the recipient. But always mild and funny. Some years I made about 40 poems; for every tiny present, traditional chocolate character (I get a J) or traditional marzipan pig.
This year I've only got 12 poems to compose.

A lot of family's also make a special project of their presents; they disguise it as something typical for the recipient. For example; a video-lover will get a present that looks like a video-recorder on the outside. The aim of this disguises: to have a laugh and to make it hard to get to the present.
We don't do it any more in our family, as it really can be a lot of work.
Croatians don't really give Christmas gifts, either. Let me tell you, I don't miss the gift giving in Canada at all! Sometimes my husband and I exchange gifts for Christmas, but when we are low on cash we skip the gifts.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #24
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Not at all our town has the worst sales in the world
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a happy_terd production