Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-13-2014, 02:32 AM   #1
pinky62
Zealot
pinky62 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white
Question problems with metadata download

hi i automatically update calibre whenever a new update is notified i have been having this problem for several months now that my metadata and covers download always fail. I was checking on site that some people have problems with update versions. what should i do i have app 6000 books dfficult to download for the last 1000 i have recently downloaded. Help pls
pinky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Please provide more information so people can diagnose what the problem is. What version of calibre are you using, on what operating system? What sources do you have checked in Preferences for Metadata Download? For the books where Metadata Download fails, do you have clean title and author in Title and Author fields? How many books are you trying to download metadata for all at once?

Last edited by unboggling; 02-13-2014 at 08:35 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky62 View Post
hi i automatically update calibre whenever a new update is notified i have been having this problem for several months now that my metadata and covers download always fail. I was checking on site that some people have problems with update versions.
Folks with the problems you describe usually find that they do not have a problem with calibre's update. What they find is that their security software started blocking calibre after the update. Check to verify that your firewall and antivirus to see if calibre is allowed.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote